when is enough enough?

I am on my 4th baby and some people would say get your tubes tied. I have my opinion on it and I just say thanks for your opinion. I guess I should ask how many moms out there with more then 3 or 2 kids face this where family members say well you should no need to stop having kids. what is your respond to it?

spidermonkey2

Asked by spidermonkey2 at 2:51 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My dad thinks we are crazy because I am pregnant with my fourth child too. It's none of their business. You and your hubby's decision about the size of your family is between the two of you and everyone else should stay out of it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 2:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• In my case, 4 is enough for me....I'm pregnant with my fourth and youngest is only 11 months old, we are definatly done now. I think other peoples opinions are JUST opinions! Dont worry about what they say, if you want 18 kids then hey, I admire your patience! lol Dont worry what other people think, I know its easier said then done but this is your body, your life and your decision!!! Keep your head up and dont worry about other peoples opinions! :) But thats just my opinion LOL
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 2:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I feel there is nothing wrong with having as many kids as you want aslong as you want them and take good care of them, our family frequently tells my brother and his wife they need to stop because they have seven between them and they are terrible parents who all but abuse their kids by not having a proper place to live, adequate nutrition (meals of regular ramen noodles etc) and their children are all slow in their prgoression not because of a born deficiency but because of lack of attention, so its all case by case I beleive
    Anonymous

• Just make the comment that you're going to try to compete with the Duggars?
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 2:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm on my 4th pregnancy as well (but we lost our middle 2) and I plan on having 2 more after this (God willing). I would say forget them. Now my cousin has 4, no job and the kids have 2 different fathers that are not around so everyone tells her enough is enough. But in my case MIL had 12 and one Sil has 13, so no chance of them telling us anything. I say it's my body and if I choose to have 4 or 6 or however many kids it's my choice (along with a supporting DH)
    Anonymous

• i am 3 kids and i dont know how many i want for sure i just know that if the lord is willing i would like to have more and people think that i am crazy and they tell me that i dont need anymore i take care of them and it is mine and my husbands choice how many we have as long as we can afford it and dont have to ask help so i think that this is a choicce that you and your husband should make and dont worrie about the others
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2009

• as long as you can support them...it doesnt matter how much you have...atleast your not that lady who couldnt even support the kids she had and then had 8!!! (who btw is thinking about having MORE)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:05 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am a mother of 3 and Im 27 and did not get fixed after my last baby, I know i dont want any right now but i just am not ready to say that I am done and that part of my life is over. I agree that you should be able to support them but if you can and want to then you should do what you and your husband/significant other decide. People will always tell you what they think is right no matter what. My sister got fixed after her 3rd and regrets it everyday.
    Elesha1981

Answer by Elesha1981 at 3:11 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It is so rude for people to make comments about how many kids you have! It just depends on the family. I think 4 would be too many for me, I'll probably stop at 3. I agree with the other ladies...If you are taking good care of your kids, have as many as you want!
    amy23renee

Answer by amy23renee at 3:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If someone asks "Why do you have 4 kids?" You can say "Because we didn't want 5."
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:24 PM on May. 6, 2009