Am I pitiful or pathetic for buying my own mother's day gift?

I am a single mom and I saw a jewelry set on sale that I really liked. I decided to take my boys and let them help me buy it so that it is from them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No its not pathetic....Mothers Day is for Moms for a reason!!! We have to stop and think about ourselves AT LEAST once a year!!! ;)
    angieluv

Answer by angieluv at 3:12 PM on May. 6, 2009

• you go girl, I'm married with two kids and I already bought myself 2 gifts!
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 3:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• not at all. my husband hasn't gotten me anything the past 2 yrs. when other girls I knew got something on Mothers Day while they were pg, my hubby said your noth a mother yet..... go figure and he didn't get me anything this yr. He doesn't get me anything for my birthday, tells me to go buy me something nice. This yr I bought myself flowers and a few clothes. But I told him I wanted him to get me something thoughtful this yr
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think is fine to treat yourself, don't wait until next mother's day to do it again. Darn it you deserve it!
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If you don't pick it out, how will you get something you really wanted?!? lol My kids are 3 and 1 so... I pick my stuff. I'm giving hubs a chance to do it this year, but if he tanks it, I'm getting myself something!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 3:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Don't worry,I do! In fact,I pick out all of my gifts.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 5:58 PM on May. 6, 2009