Loving your dogs like kids.

I learned a few months ago that I would never conceive a child.. That it just wasn't in the cards for me, and evnetually down the road we are looking at adopting.. But anyone else like this have dogs that are just like kids? Haha.. My dogs have outfits and have their own ice cream in the fridge.. (frosty paws) and go on all vacations and everything.. anyone else treat you dogs like kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Our pets are as much a part of our family as our kids are.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My kids are grown so our dog is the only "kid" we have at home. I don't treat him quite like a kid, I don't dress him in outfits (but he does have a neckerchief and some boots) but we talk to him, he has play dates with my daughter's dog, and treats and toys and stuff.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I treat my dog just like a member of the family. Her name is Cocoa and she is 2 years old. Her breed is a Mini Cocker Spainel. I treat her like I do my child.
    Alana6567

Answer by Alana6567 at 6:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Our pets are apart of our family. But they don't replace human kids.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my parents do, always have, i consider them my brothers and sisters from another mother. lol. i treat my cat like another one of my kids. they have feelings to and are living, they are family. period. thats just my belief though.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 8:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have a staffordshire terrier, got him when he was 4 weeks old and he'll be 4 years old in july 2009. i swear he thinks he's a cat, lol. i do treat him like he's my baby. i am about 16 weeks pregnant and i keep telling him that he's going to have a little brother or sister soon. he even pushes my belly with his nose sometimes, it's so sweet. i dress him up sometimes too, in bandanas and sweaters when it's cold. he loves it. he even opens xmas and bday presents. he will unwrap them with his paws and teeth and go after the present inside.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My dog and two of my cats are like my brothers and sister, I'm an only child so they've always been like that.
    Now I have my own kitty and she's my fiance and I's "daughter" we tell her she's going to have a baby brother and she'll paw at my tummy and make him kick. It's too cute.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 10:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I love my dog to death, but I love my children more.
    Besides she's a saint bernard and they dont make clothes that big LOL
    summerm

Answer by summerm at 1:04 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I love my dog as a child too. However I do not dress her just cause well she'd bite me but we also take her on vacation.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:20 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Oh, Im a grandmom!! (To my teenage daughters chihauhua, Bubbie) It was way too funny calling myself grammy and my DH Pop. But now its like second nature, Bubbie even knows our names. And if I say where's Mommy? He runs like a mad man to the front door to see her come home. This is our second chihauha, my first was my tiny who passed 8 years ago. So yes we treat our animals just like our kids. Animals bring so much joy to our homes!
    Yebbers

Answer by Yebbers at 12:39 PM on May. 7, 2009