Was three children harder than two?

We have two children currently.

Asked by knitafish at 10:02 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in General Parenting

Answer by JulieBee at 10:14 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• what a great question, i am working on my 3rd and have been wondering the same thing.

Answer by 4weeman at 10:24 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Yes. Once you have more children than hands it gets more difficult exponentially. (I am a mom of four sons.) :-D

Answer by DivaMomCC at 10:39 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I think it'd depend upon the age of the kids. I have 4 children all within 5.5 years and it's definitely challenging to be there for the needs of all the kids. They are all at very different stages, but still quite needy, and there's only so much of me to go around.

Answer by Trinjo at 11:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I don't think it was. The first few months were difficult but then we got in the swing of things. Mainly it was when I was alone w all three at first! I felt greatly out numbered but you adjust and get it to work for you...what other choice do we have? Lol. GOOD LUCK!

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 11:10 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• yes its a bit harder in the beginning but once you get a routine it all falls into place

Answer by 5forjulie at 7:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• i really didn't find it that much harder...mine are 7, 3, 8 mo. i would give my older 2 responsibilities not only for themselves, but for their baby bro. like they are in charge of picking out and putting on their own clothes (yep some days it gets interesting what they put on), they are to keep up with their own shoes (some days we have shoe hunts), my 3 yo will often be in charge of throwing the dirty diapers away. i have also had them be in charge or keeping baby happy when i need to use the restroom. once we got into the hang or things it really seemed easier!

Answer by lavendaar at 10:49 AM on Apr. 29, 2009