Am I wrong?

This is the man I chose to help me raise my kids and share our lives together. So I thought. He only wants me to be involved with his kids when it conveint, like when they need money, a ride, have laundry, or are hungry. As a mother its hard to do those things for child and not become emotionally attached. But when it comes to other topics like bad behavior and discipline, He says they are not my concern and I have no right. I feel they have been my concern since day one and I feel like I have earned my right? Am I wrong? Should do as he said and act like they are not my concern since he is apparently ripping away the right I thought I earned. I'm hurt and confused. Should I expect this relationship to work like this? We have been arguing almost everyday for weeks. I think our relationship falling apart. I know its worth saving. I love him and his kids. But he has become defensive and won't disscuss it. Just arguing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• You should have some rights besides a maid. If he feels that way then do the least possible (without hurting the kids) and make it clear that the relationship is a partnership and you should at least be entitled to an opinion. He can still be the disciplinarian (sp?) but you should have a say in how they are raised in your home too.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 3:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Sounds like he wants you to be a slave to him and his kids and nothing else. If they want food or need clean clothes, you do it, but if they need disciplined, you're not good enough. Sounds like a bad relationship.
    Anonymous

• It sounds liek a situation that will become more and more unhealthy as time goes on. If you are expected to treat his children as your own, that should mean in all ways, not just when they want something from you.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hve you tried family counseling?

Answer by rkoloms at 4:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i think I am going to have too.
    EVE28

Answer by EVE28 at 4:54 PM on May. 6, 2009