Have you ever let your toddler "help" wash the dishes?

My 18 month old helped me today. He's usually getting into trouble while I wash them, so today I put him in his highchair and let him help. lol! It takes me a little bit because we don't have a dishwasher and have to do them all by hand. I gave him a little cup of dish bubbles, a scrubby brush, a plastic spoon, and a plastic plate. He did really good until the end. Then he started eating the bubbles! lol! =) Isn't it funny how some of our chores become our little one's favorite rainy day activity?

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:26 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i let my dd stand in a chair and "help" i don't have a dishwasher either & it stinks! lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• we have a dishwasher i talk all the knives and forks and breakables out and then i let her get the plastic glasses and spoons and put them away she loves it and does a pretty damn good job lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my daughter will b 2 next mo and she likes to stand on the stoool bedise me and put them in the sink for me. I tihnk it's funny. I don't have a dishwasher either
    SMWOODS

Answer by SMWOODS at 3:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• oops meant take not talk lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• we have a dishwasher so my daughter puts away the utensils (shes 3 and the drawer is right next to dishwasher so she doesn't have to move) except the knives, and the cooking utensils. then when its empty she helps load her dishes into it. when i hand wash pots or pans she helps dry them and puts them away. it keeps her busy and she likes it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My husband lets my daughter help. She's 3 and LOVES it. In fact she gets upset when she has to stop. I pray that attitude continues...lol.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:54 PM on May. 6, 2009