What should I do about this??

My friend is getting married in June and I am her maid of honor, well she is in college part time and I am a ft student with a daughter and I work...So I am pretty busy especially at the end of a semester. Well I am trying to get a hold of her to figure when to plan a night out for her or a bridal shower and who she wants to invite, also just to talk to her about the wedding and make sure she is prepared...Well she never comes over or calls me back if she does I will say lets get together monday, and still nothing?? Well why am I even her maid of honor than? What should I do, should I jsut let her call me and figure things out herself or continue trying to get together ....I don't want her wedding to be a disaster, but if she wants me to help she needs to communicate with me....

LainysMommy

Asked by LainysMommy at 3:31 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• just leave her a voicemail saying you need the info in order to plan her shower etc..maybe tell her she can email it to you that way you guys don't both have to set time in your schedules to meet up. if she doesn't send it to you with in a week i'd just plan it w/o her input and as far as the wedding stuff is concerned you can't do anything there unless she tells you what to do so you just have to wait on her for that.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Maybe I should just assume she doesn't need my help with any of this?!?
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 3:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm sure she's super busy trying to sort out hte details of her special day but SHE KNEW what your situation was like when she asked you to be her MOH.
    If she can't make herself available to you in any way on any of the days that would be convienet for you perhaps you should tell her that you can't do it.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would say yes to your second comment. Wedding planning is an unavoidably self-centered time, and she may be just totally into doing it all herself and she may like it that way. do what you can, but don't stress, and don't expect too much of yourself. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am really scared though that she is just gonna try to wing this cause that is the type of person she is, and its going to turn out very bad and unoragnized when the day comes I willl hate to see that happen after all the money that is put into it. and it will be sooo stressfull for all of us.
    LainysMommy

Answer by LainysMommy at 3:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Planning this can be stressful. I usually have better luck communicating with someone in person. So I would work on seeing her. Then when you see her you can bombard her with the topic..just kidding...but then you can get some real answers in person. I am sure she wants it taken care of just as much as you do. Good luck!
    rjacob2008

Answer by rjacob2008 at 5:08 PM on May. 6, 2009