stuck between a rock and a hard place

my friend is stuck an abusive realtionship. i want to help but not much i can do. i told her if push comes to shove she and her kids can stay with me. im the last place her hubby would look being im his ex gf(that was years ago and only lasted 2 months). our last convo it sounded like the stuff is gettin worse and she thinks that another baby will solve everything, and she asked me not to say anything to him about it and i told her i wont just out of fear of him retaliating on her but its hard for me to sit back and say and do nothing. i was in a very abusive relationship b4 and know how hard it is. i dont know what else to do im afriad he is going to flip out one of these days and serverly hurt her or the kids or worse but she is in this denial stage. how do i get her to understand that she needs to be more serious about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• You can't do anything. You've done everything you can. You've offered a safe house and a way out. The rest is up to her. If you feel in your heart of hearts that the children are in danger perhaps it's time to call an abuse hotline or a child protective agency.
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 3:48 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Why, may I ask, does she think another baby would solve her SO's abusive problem? Perhaps you can get her to a counselor or a center for battered women for help. This mentality is not on the right track and she'll be worse off if she adds more children to the situation.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• op here
    i know and i tried telling her that it wont be better, i been there done that and learned the hard way. and i cant make her do what she doesnt want to do, i feel if i push too much she will cut me off
    Anonymous