work related is it better too?

MySO just got a job working at a yacht club this will be his 2nd week working there maybe 3rd, anyways, we live in an apartment complex and we get power bumps frequently when its really wind like it has been, and we got one this morning but didnt relize it, the power bump stoped the alarm clock it must of been an hr and a half b4 it turned back on, because his clock was off, now we DO have this alarm clock with a battery so this is NOT suposto happen but it obviously failed, we just bought this clock, so its going back now. when the powerbump came it turned our cell phones off, which we set alarms on those in case this happend, but it has never shut our phones off, so when he woke up this morning it was 8:18 and he was suposto be at work at 7:30, so he decided to call in sick, since he was complaining about feeling flu like yesterday but isnt sick today. my question is, is it better to be 3hrs plus late(with commute)or sick?

kyliebugs_mommy

Asked by kyliebugs_mommy at 3:34 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• really depends on the company. I know as an employer if you told me your cell phone went out during a power bump I wouldn't believe you. Sorry still tryign to figure out how a cell phone that is battery operated is effected by power. Unless you are relying on the power cord to work your cell phone.

In this job market neither is good. He will just want to work his a$$ off till they forget about it.
    Anonymous

• Probably better to be sick, but since he hasn't worked there too long anyway neither is very good. Especially when he would be calling in sick late.
    Anonymous

• Whenever things like that have happened to me, I've gone into work.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:27 PM on May. 6, 2009