PEDIATRICIAN

HOW DO I GO ABOUT GETTING A PEDIATRICIAN BEFORE I HAVE A BABY?? I HAVE A LIST THAT GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND TAKE MY INSURANCE, BUT I AM NOW STUCK ON WHAT TO DO. DO I NEED A CERTAIN PEDIATRICIAN AT THE HOSPITAL WHEN I DELIVER, OR IS IT OK TO USE THE ON CALL PEDIATRICIAN??

TashaMarie349

Asked by TashaMarie349 at 3:38 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A lot of doctors won't accept a child before they are born now. I used the pediatrician on call and then was able to get a doctor for him
    Anonymous

• You need one to come down and check the baby out before you leave. Just call one and ask if they are accepting new patients and when you register in the hospital they will ask for the name. After your baby is born the hospital calls them to let them know to come down.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I have always used the on call pediatrician and just set up an appt for the baby when they are a month old for their next round of shots. The hospital should do the first set before they send them home.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• they'll give you the on call ped anyways i think.... i chose a certian doctor but another one in the same practice saw my dd, i ended up changing docs b/c the one i chose was a moron & i loved the on call doc, he's her ped now :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I was told to call the pediatrician and find out if they are taking new patients first, then once you deliver they ask for your pedi and you right that name down and they will come and check your baby out before you leave
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• you can just use the on call one for at the hospital, before that i would call the ones on your list see if they will talk to you w/o charging and if so than go in and ask your basic questions. that way you know the basics on how they feel about certain things (who sees the baby if its a one person practice, if more than one how often would baby's doc see her compared to the other docs etc...) that way before baby is known you have narrowed it down to what you want. and then can go from there
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• use the one on call..and when the baby is born get a pediatrician
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 3:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I know at my pediatrician office you can call and set up an appointment, then go an take a tour of the office and meet the doctors. And once the baby is born they will come to the hospital and then set up an appointment for a newborn check once you get out of the hospital
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:21 PM on May. 6, 2009