We have boy girl twins and they are always together. How long should we allow them to share a bedroom?

They are 2and a half years old.

Shelly922731

Asked by Shelly922731 at 3:42 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm no expert, but i would bet they'll want separate rooms when the appropriate time comes (like puberty maybe?).
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think in some states, it is a law that after 4 or 5 they have to have separate rooms.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• What???? No way is there a law, I would be SHOCKED if there was.

I say you allow it until they don't want it anymore.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We live in military housing and they have you keep your boy and girl together (in a 2 bedroom house) until the oldest is 5, then they let you move to a 3 bedroom house....However, I think it 's fine for them to share a room for as long as they are comfortable doing so. If they start to feel awkward, then I would split them up at that time.
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm in the same boat except my b/g twins are only 20 months. I am hoping I can keep them together until my older daughter leaves home in about 5 years because I don't have another bedroom. Ideally I think 4 or 5 would be a good time to separate unless they want to move sooner.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would say when they start wanting privacy to change / privacy in the bathroom.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 5:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well I dont have twins, but my instinct says to let them share a room for as long as they want :)
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 5:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There is a law in some states, however it usually applies to those trying to become foster parents. But not always.....

Personally, if we had the room, they would have been in their own rooms from the beginning. But that's us.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:03 PM on May. 6, 2009