Would you stay or leave? ( Part Two )

I asked a question a few days ago and it has gotten worse. I walked around the mall with my girlfriend that I don't see that often and looked around at baby stuff since she is expecting twins this summer:) So anyways, I bought a pair of sandals that were on sale for $14.99 and some earring and a necklace for about $20. I got home and showed my husband my pretty things I got ( at what I thought was a bargain) and he pitched a fit about me spending money. He said since I already spent money on myself, I was not getting a Mother's Day present. When I asked if he was joking with me and if he was it wasn't funny, his response was, "You're not MY mother." Selfish,selfish,selfish. I cried and told him he made me feel like trash if I wasn't even worth spending $35 on myself just because. He finally got a call back on a job and he wants to put the money he earns in a different account. I am at my wits end. Help ladies, I need a boost:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• LEAVE HIS NO GOOD BUTT! you dont deserve to be treated like a slave, you deserve to be treated like a queen, it doesnt matter if your not HIS mother, he should still celebrate you being the mother of his children, i have no idea what my hubbys got planned but i know its gonna be big. you need to get out, you deserve better!!
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 4:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You deserve your gifts for putting up with his crap. If you have kids together then get a child support order so he is paying and you can always ask for allotment from him if you don't make money of your own. If I were you I would clean out the account but thats just me, I would have tons of new stuff and then my middle finger in the air to show him what a ass he is being. I would stick it up and say sit and spin my dear.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would leave. No women or man deserves to be treated like they are not worth anything. He is being selfish and taking over your life and not letting you be independant. Leave him. It will be hard but you will be a lot happier!!
    Anonymous

• During a recession and without him working I agree that it was financially not a good idea to spend money on such items. I can see why he thinks he's doing the responsible thing by removing you from easy access to money. Leave if you want but you sound like a big baby.
    Anonymous

• To the chick that called me a big baby.....
    Did you not even read PART ONE??!! I have worked non stop,paying bills, earning commission on my hard work, while he is booking trips to Chicago, while he's laid off. I am making money that me and my child could live off alone ( with out any damn money he COULD contribute ) and he spends, spends, and spends. So I don't want to hear that I am a baby when I am staying up late and getting up early just so my husband can bitch at me over $35!!! I am so tired of CM members assuming they know it all. I asked for a boost, not to be called a name. And remove ME from the money..he's not making any yet!!! And he wants to put "his" money in account that is not attached to any bills? Yeh, okay. He's spending it on crap like beer for his buddies while disrespecting me on the side....and you're saying that's okay??? Thanks for the boost. Everyone else, thanks for the encouragement. Now I'm mad.
    Anonymous

• I remember your previous post. Wow your husband was acting like a real jerk! I don't think $20-$35 to spend on yourself is alot-- especially since YOU were the one who earned the money to begin with. He has some nerve to get upset especially after all the money HE has spent-- while being unemployed. If he still wants to get his own account -let him--- and in turn hand him 1/2 of the monthy household bills and say 'here you go. You want your own account, so here is your half of the bills to pay out of it". (my hubs and I have divided up the bills and have separate accounts- it works well for us). If he continues being a jerk- then it may be time to consider counseling or consult a lawyer. I hope he will appoligize for hurting your feelings, and I hope things work out!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You go girl! lol I think there is more to it than money, maybe he is using that as a way to start a fight because he is cheating or something. Being in a marraige is about being a team, and if he doesnt want to be apart of that team tell him he can leave. If you are the only one working and he feels he can take advantage of that, and then yell at you over 35 dollars there is something wrong there. I would be more aware and really truly think about your marraige. I know it is never as simple as just leaving but you dont deserve to be treated like that! Good luck and I wish you the best!
    mrsmamaj

Answer by mrsmamaj at 5:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• He might be acting this way because he doesn't have a job??? That is what I am gathering by the "he got a call back on a job". It is probably stressing him out. Do you work? If it was your own hard earned money then I would stand my ground. If you are a SAHM then you should think before you act.. especially if the "bread winner" doesn't have a job! Even though it was a small amount of money he might think it could go for something else. Or does he do the bills? He might be worried about being in the hole with something. Does he buy himself little things here or there?
    Anonymous