successful pregnancy after m/c

i have 2 healthy sons 6 and 7 and i remarried and we have had 4 m/c wth no reason why yet has any one done this and had a healthy baby...... i know god works in mysterious ways and i heard it best sometimes there is nothing wrong with you m/c is very natural and your bodies way of taking care of what nature knows is wrong....

NAVAEH2

Asked by NAVAEH2 at 4:08 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• my dh and i had 2 m/c before having our daughter, and i am now 37 weeks preg with a boy. so it is possible to have a healthy preg after m/c. however since you've had so many, you may want to both have blood work done to see if you are carriers for certain diseases/disabilities etc...for example we found out my second m/c was caused by trisomies 18 (which usually means the child will not make it to full term and if it does rarely live more than a year) so when preg with our dd my doc checked both of us to see if that was something we were carriers for, and she just did a full work up as well. and we found out that that occurence was just random for us. but you may find that one of you carries something or both of you carry it and thats why your boys were ok, b/c their dad didn't carry it so it wasn't an issue than. that way you guys know what you are up against when it comes to conceiving and carrying a full term healthy baby
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• One of my sister-in-laws is on pregnancy #6. Everything so far has looked very healthy. This is her 6 pregnancy. She has had three miscarriages at various stages. She had a miscarriage, baby, miscarriage, miscarriage, baby, pregnant. so it's definitely possible. I would follow vabchmommy's advice and get some tests run. I think after 3 or 4 miscarriages some insurances will cover testing. I'm so sorry for your precious losses. I miscarried my first and only pregnancy so far. Best wishes to you!
    Learning2Hope

Answer by Learning2Hope at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• get your progesterone level tested. hormone levels can change at any time. my miscarriage was NOT because something was wrong with the baby but because my body doesn't make enough progesterone to sustain a pregnancy. i got pregnant 4 weeks later and that time i had supplemental progesterone that i had to use for the first 17 weeks. my daughter turned 3 on may 3. did they check your progesterone with your pregnancies? if is isn't a clotting disorder, that is what i would look at. sorry for your losses.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 4:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My first pregnancy was a m/c. One year exactly I got pregnant with our daughter. My mother also had multiple m/c's and did have me and my brother.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i have a 6 year old daughter. in the last 7 mos i have had two miscarriages. my dr suggested starting baby apsirin the minute i find out i am prego next time. it thins the blood and stops clotting. he did order blood work to check progesterone levels and see if i am having clotting issues. i would ask your ob to run some blood work and ask about baby apsirin.
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 8:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks pregnant and got pregnant again three weeks after the miscarriage. I was worried about the second pregnancy, but now i have a healthy boy. I think its totally possible to have a healthy baby after miscarriage(s). I hope everything goes good for you.
    t_ersland07

Answer by t_ersland07 at 7:19 PM on May. 7, 2009