Home Biz... Answer here. I'm looking!

Here's what I need to know. If you don't answer these questions at least I'm not even gonna check it out. Also, I will only deal with the first one that answers from each company. So if I get 8 answers from 8 different Ameriplan people I'm not gonna even check the last 7... So look first.

1.) What business do you have?
2.) Start Up Fee? Overhead??
3.) Is there a sales quota? How much? How often??
4.) Are you required to do parties or can you do book parties or no parties at all??
5.) What's the standard commission amount?
6.) What type of products/service do you offer?
7.) On average what can a first months income be? (ballpark figure)

Thanks in advance. I'm really looking and need to make sure I have all the information. Which is why all the questions. Sorry for all the "rules" but I don't want 15 answers from the same company.

*Don't leave me a post about how I shouldn't do a biz. That's what I want. Deal!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• 1.) What business do you have? I actually have more than one
    2.) Start Up Fee? Overhead?? No, no fees at all
    3.) Is there a sales quota? How much? How often?? Nope, no sales at all
    4.) Are you required to do parties or can you do book parties or no parties at all?? Nope, no sales
    5.) What's the standard commission amount? varies but can be as much as 30%
    6.) What type of products/service do you offer? none, it's not sales
    7.) On average what can a first months income be? (ballpark figure) $20 to $2000, depending on the time you have to work on it

Http://freewebs.com/free2workathome

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• customcat2000 - OPHere - I have looked at your site a few times... Those are NOT busineses... Just junk sites. You own nothing... A legit business will always have a product or a business and involve some kind of sales... That's what I'm looking for. A home business... Not GPT scam sites... I have lost more than enough money on those!
    Anonymous

• Hi!  My name is Kim and I'm with Gold Canyon.  My answers:

1.) What business do you have?  Independent Demonstrator with Gold Canyon

2.) Start Up Fee? Overhead??  Currently, you can earn your kit for free.  You would need either $34.99 or $59.99 depending on what kit you choose, but then depending on your sales in the first 30 days, you would get that reimbursed.  Website is a must and is $99.97 per quarter or $29.97 per year and includes a monthly newsletter to your customer.  Free for 90 days.  Ask me for more details about all of this.

Con't in next box...

justkima

Answer by justkima at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

•  

3.) Is there a sales quota? How much? How often?? Yes, $450 per quarter.
    4.) Are you required to do parties or can you do book parties or no parties at all?? It is a party plan business, but you do not have to do parties. I do open houses, catalog shows, web sales and fundraisers. A big portion of my sales come from my website. I just enrolled a new demo last month who did over $2200 in sales in her first 30 days and didn't have a single party, so it's up to you!

Con't in next box...

justkima

Answer by justkima at 4:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• ~ Purchase your full kit for $49.99 + $10 shipping; however if you are able to obtain $700 in sales in your first 30 days you will be refunded your initial payment of $59.99 ...thus your kit would be FREE!!

~ Purchase the sampler kit for $24.99 + $10 shipping; however if you are able to obtain sales of $350 in your first 30 days, you will be refunded your initial payment of $34.99...thus making your kit FREE!!

~I did over $740 at my first Open House so my kit was free and I also received the free product since I hosted the party. You can have parties, catalog parties and web site orders..fundraisers too!

~Base Commission starts at 25% and can go up to 36%, depending on your downline.
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 4:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• ~Product Line: Gold Canyon offers a complete line of candles, body and home products including home fragrance in the form of scented candles, Room Sprays and Sachets, eco-friendly, natural, green cleaning products, home décor with various candle holders; personal care with hand scrub, hand silk, body lather, body lotion, body polish, body crème, bath soak, body mist and candle care products such as wick dippers and trimmers.

~Quota: Gold Canyon wants their Demonstrator to do at least $450 in sales each quarter to stay active.

I would like to mail you some information along with a few samples. Just send me a PM or email me at rmcorns@gmail.com

Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• 5.) What's the standard commission amount? Base commission is 25%, but you can also earn up to 11% in overrides, plus free products and cash, trips and merchandise incentives throughout the year.

6.) What type of products/service do you offer?  We have about 100 amazing fragrances in candles, wickless pod warmers, diffusers, etc, as well as, a line of non-toxic, plant-derived cleaners and a spa line.

justkima

Answer by justkima at 4:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• 7.) On average what can a first months income be? (ballpark figure) Honestly, this totally depends on you. In the case of my new gal who signed up last month that I mentioned previously. She would have earned 25% on the $2200 so $550, plus another 4% in sales overrides, so another $88, plus there was an incentive going on so she earned another $75 for qualifying for that, total of $713, plus she qualified for her first two Quick Starts and earned about $175 in free products, so grand total of just about $900.

I've been with GC for just about two years now and to see if Gold Canyon is a fit for you too!  Please contact me for more details.  ~ Kim Niehaus http://www.mygc.com/kimniehaus

justkima

Answer by justkima at 4:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I hope you find what you are looking for. I work with Shaklee and they are my forever company. I love everything about them, the products, the income opportunity, the free training available, and their history.

1.) What business do you have? Shaklee is a health and wellness product company
    2.) Start Up Fee? Overhead?? Depends on your goals; either $39.95 or $299
    3.) Is there a sales quota? How much? How often?? None, it is what you choose to make of it.
    4.) Are you required to do parties or can you do book parties or no parties at all?? No required parties, but you can. It is up to you. I have found that parties are a great way to educate guests about the products.
    5.) What's the standard commission amount? Between Volume Bonus and Pricing Profits it can be up to 60%. I have a document that I can send you that explains the different income level rates.
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 5:05 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Shaklee cont.

6.) What type of products/service do you offer? All Shaklee products come from the best sources with all of them being natural/organic. They have the research to prove it. Shaklee has Enfuselle skin care line, Cinch Inch Loss weight management line, a Vitamin/Supplement line, Best Water Line, Airsource, and Personal Care products. All Shaklee products are backed by a 100% money back quarentee.
    7.) On average what can a first months income be? (ballpark figure) I made over $600 my first month seriously selling the products. I was also teaching at the time. Really the sky is the limit. It depends on how many people you are willing to talk to and how much time you are willing to put into building your business.

If you would lke to know more. Please visit www.landofand.com/fosterhealth. After that then contact me at megan_richert@yahoo.com.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Megan
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 5:12 PM on May. 6, 2009