When will you start buying school supplies for next year??

How soon is too soon or when is late too late?

SweetKYmom

Asked by SweetKYmom at 4:19 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Tax free day is when I will buy the supplies.
    Anonymous

• I buy them right before school starts after registration when I get the updated list.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Our school has a cool thing where parents have to option of paying a company to buy and deliver supplies right to the school. I love it. Last year the amount charged was different for each grade level I figured it out that it would be about the same amount of money if I went out and bought it all or stayed home and sipped some lemonade knowing that I didn't have to worry about fighting the crowds.
    So worth it if your school offers it.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• tax free day?? wow never heard such a thing..hmm wonder why KY doesnt participate
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 4:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I buy stuff in bulk so when I get the school list there is not much I have to buy. So i guess you can say I buy it way before hand.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 4:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Leading up to the start of school, I'll hit the sales for .01 glue or crayons & that sort of thing, but I leave the bulk of my shopping for a week or 2 after the schools are already in session. That's when stuff REALLY gets cheap.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 4:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I actually buy in bulk myself!! I buy AHEAD of time so there is no worrying if we are going to get what we need in time. I also hit up Staples 1 cent sales
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 4:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The big sales are usually in July around here, so that is when we stock up.
    momjanine

Answer by momjanine at 4:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I buy the basics year round, whenever they are on sale. I get the special request stuff when we get the list.
    Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I buy in bulk a few weeks before the school year starts. I usually buy 5 of everything on my daughters' lists and then put together packages. I know that there are some kids' whos parents can not afford these things, so I send them in with the girls to give to their teacher, and the teacher knows who to give them to if needed. But I buy in bulk so that through out the year when the girls go through things like pencils and glue and such, I can just pull it out of the box and send it in.

I also like to purchase class sets of things when they are on the super sales...anything to help out my daughters' teachers. With the budget cuts and such, so I will be buying 50 bottles of glue when they hit 0.01. and send in 25 to each girls' classroom. I also buy the teachers each a box of white copy paper at the begining of the year as well.
    MomToAnArmyOf3

Answer by MomToAnArmyOf3 at 4:50 PM on May. 6, 2009