how do you tell you child the way you concived them??

Ok my son is getting to that age where he is asking where his daddy is and why he calls my b/f by his name instead of calling him daddy "everyone else has a daddy" and I have no ideal how to tell him what happened and its really not something that he needs to know... See I was raped when I was 16 and got prego I decided I wanted to go through with the pregnancy and now he has questions I don't know if its right to tell him the truth. because I'm afraid that he will feel like he was a mistake which I don't see it that way he is a blessing. What should I do??

Rachel,
Please no bashing!!

lil_one21

Asked by lil_one21 at 4:26 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would just tell him that it is something you would like to talk to him about when he is older. I know it is not the perfect solution but there are things that NO kid should be told. Especially when they are so vulnerable as kids are during their teen years.
    I think it would be better to wait until he is grown up.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• well i'm assuming he's still really young, so he doesn't need specifics yet. just tell him his daddy can't be around and some kids don't have daddy's some kids don't have mommy's that every family is different but you still love him very much. when he gets older is when you can tell him the more specific aspect of things if you feel he can handle it
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:31 PM on May. 6, 2009