How Do I Help?

My Son is 8 months old and has been crawling for about 3 months and has been pulling up just as long( he crawled and pulled up all in the same day.. Mommy had no time to adjust lol) Well the past week he has been standing alone a lot more then normal..I want to help him understand how to walk.. I dont want to force him to walk before he's ready but I want to help him learn at the same time... He hate the idea of holding on you someones fingers and walking and HATES his walker more then anything... So I dont know what else I can do to help him.. I'm a first time mom and have had no experiance with this.. Any advice would be great.. Thank you

TristansMommy16

Asked by TristansMommy16 at 4:33 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• IDK..mine would stand for 30 minutes or more at that age..but, refused to walk until he was 14 months old.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• really theres nothing you can do to teach him to walk. you can make it easier for him, by setting chairs closer together etc..that way he can cruise along holding the chairs until he is stable enough to go out on his own. trust me you don't want him walking til he's ready, b/c right after walking comes running then the chase is on forever
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• He will figure it out soon enough!! Don't worry, you don't have to show him anything. He could be walking in a week or in another 6 months. Either way is fine!!! My second was standing like you describe at that age and he didn't walk until 14 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Try getting him toys that he can push around and hold on to. it will strengthen his legs and help him get the motion right. good luck
    morgan453

Answer by morgan453 at 12:02 PM on May. 7, 2009