How to tell dd?

My dh and I were so excited about me being pregnant...we told dd that we were going to have a baby...everything was going good, and we were all excited about it....and then last week I miscarried....We haven't told dd that I had a miscarriage or that I am not pregnant. She knows that there is something wrong with me, because I am on bed rest due to the miscarriage and they found a cyst in my uterus. Which caused the miscarriage. I just don't know how to tell dd that there is no baby anymore?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on May. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I am so sorry for your loss. I think you just have to tell her the best you can in whatever way you think she will understand. It really depends on her age, maturity level, and how she was feeling about the baby. Maybe you could tell her that something was wrong with the baby and he/she just wasn't strong enough to make it and has moved on to live with the angels. At this point she may be really scared that something is really wrong with you, so you need to do it pretty soon.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• explain to her that sometimes babies that won't be born healthy don't get born. its nothing she did or anyone did, but its natures way of making sure that the baby is ok and will have a nice happy life. answer any questions she may have, but really my mom had a miscarriage when i was around that age, and made a huge production out of explaining everything to us and this and that, and well we were like umm ok? so now theres no baby? ok sorry that sucks and went on with things. and we were all very excited about the thought of a baby brother/sister. so it may not be as major for her as you think it will be.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I would say That God needs angels and that he had chosen to take the baby because he or she was very special, and that when the time is right he will give you another angel.
    Anonymous

• I don't know if you are religious at all, but maybe you can tell her that God took the baby to live with Him in heaven. I had 4 miscarriages before we had my daughter. I was nervous to tell my stepson that we were pregnant because of this and I dreaded what I would say to him should something happen. I am so sorry that you have to go through this and I really don't know what else to say.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When I had my first miscarriage.. We just told my son that the baby was unhealthy and God wanted the baby back. We were very honest, and he had a lot of questions about where the baby came out and everything.. But I was honest with him... that helps.
    Anonymous

• I have had to do this twice in the last 7 months with my almost 5 year old. She was scared something was wrong with me so we told her as soon as the worst had passed. I just told her that the doctor looked at the baby and it was so very small and stopped growing and that it was not going to be able to come and live with us. So God took it back up to heaven and now we have an angel up there watching over us. She understood and was able to ask questions and then felt better knowing that I was just sad and not sick. I am so sorry you have to go though this.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:53 AM on May. 7, 2009