How often do you take your kids to the park?

We only go like once every six months. =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well considering it's cold 9 out of 12 months, not often. We do have a swing set and teeter and other things in our back yard for them.

Anonymous

• i live in southern cali we are at the park or the lake, pools, shopping,etc.. we are always doing stuff... what do you do with them to keep em active?
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• During warm weather - I bring my 18 month old about 3-4 times a week for maybe 20 minutes at a time, because we live about a 2 minute walk from our town's playground.

In cold or wet weather, I bring her to an indoor play house twice a week, it's a really big play structure for 1-10 year olds.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Man I wish we had nicer weather to be able to go to the park all year long. But I live in MI and we only have nice weather for about 6-9 months. There is a small park near our house that I go to sometimes, but my son is only 11 months so the only thing he can do is swing in the toddler swings. He really likes it though, but can be kind of boring. Once he gets older, it'll be cool to walk down and let him play on the jungle gym, slides, swings, etc. Our city park has a really nice play area, but we have to drive to it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:15 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When it's nice out, once a week, at least.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Until my daughter started kindergarten, we had a wonderful Russian babysitter three days a week who took her to the park every day, from the time she was six weeks old, unless it was raining or snowing too much; or the temperature was under 20. We live in Chicago, walking distance to four really wonderful parks.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:47 AM on May. 7, 2009

• When it's warm, we go to the park everyday.
    Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 6:07 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Since I moved back to PA.. we go every chanve we get, if it is nice out we go...
    I went through a HORRIBLE depression - 2008 so I am wanting to be outside all the time, my daughter and I walk almost daily, she is on homebound so we have the time and my son in school but we go at lerast once week,
    MRSHEATHERSMAMA

Answer by MRSHEATHERSMAMA at 6:52 AM on May. 7, 2009

• When I have the chance I like to take them at least once a week. They love it!
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 7:09 AM on May. 7, 2009

• i like to take my kids alot but it has been so muddy and swampy so much rain.
    lienna

Answer by lienna at 7:29 AM on May. 7, 2009