Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of nurse works with the newborns?

What is the type of nurse that takes care of the newborns after there born. the one that comes in your room and checks on your baby, gives them there bath, and shots, and stuff like that? Or even the nurses that take care of the moms in labor or just had a baby. Can you take classes online for that....I know you need hands on to, but you know what I mean?


Asked by TuckyGirl at 4:42 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 6 (111 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Registered Nurse, RN... A Rn can work on both baby and mom, they are labor and delivery nurses and yes you have to have alot of experience to get in that area of the hospital. You dont go to school just to be a L&D nurse, after you go to college, pass your boards etc.. you can specialize in that area. Hope this helps

    Answer by midnightmoma at 6:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

  • Neonatal nurse

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

  • If you are already a LVN/LPN you can go to school online to become a RN. Then you can do additional training to become a Labor and Delivery nurse.

    Answer by roxy85 at 12:55 PM on May. 7, 2009