Natural Birth and Tubes tied??

I am trying to have a baby but want to get my tubes tied afterwards the same day!!! i was wondering if they could do it without cutting me open??? Like if i have a natural birth and while im still right in there just go ahead and cut tie and burn my tubes all together?

MomaKel

Asked by MomaKel at 4:45 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Umm, you do NOT need to get cut open to have your tubes tied LOL. It's much less invasive then a cesarean.

My MIL got her tubes tied after having her last child. She had two vaginal births and was NOT cut open. While she was cut, she only had general anesthesia and it was a very small incision.

http://contraception.about.com/od/tuballigation/a/transabdominal.htm
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i've never heard of them being able to do it vaginally. i've been asked if i wanted mine done with my births but with both it was/will be a c-section so they say since we are right there already is this something you want done/want us to do then? then again i may be wrong and its possible to do it that way, i've just never heard of it done
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• uhh they cant do it like that they have to put you under and cut you open. But I believe they can do THAT same day as birth if you talk to ur dr about it now
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 4:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• They don't have to actually cut you open. They can do umm.... don't know what it's called but they go through your belly button with little cameras n "tools".
    Anonymous

• Anon, that is still being cut open ...

If you have your baby vaginally, you can't get your tubes tied without going through surgury. They will go through your belly button instead of having the typical csection incision.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• to get your tubes tied you need to be CUT OPEN a small incision is still being CUT OPEN to go through your belly button they have to make a CUT
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I never said it was major surgery..
    hug4akiss

• there's a huge difference between getting "put under and cut OPEN".. you make it sound like she is getting split in half.

A tiny cut is not cut open lol. Don't scare the poor women, it's completely different.

You also don't need to be knocked out for it. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my bf sister just went and had her baby naturally on april 1st and they told her they could tie her tubes but they had to put her under first...she didnt do it cuz she felt uncomfortable being put under so maybe it depends on where you go
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There is a process called tubal essure which causes scar tissue to build up in your tubes and requires no incision. This blocks your tubes and takes about 3 months to be effective.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 5:28 PM on May. 6, 2009