Bristol Palin:God Works in Mysterious Ways?

Is it possible part of God's was for Bristol to have a baby during a time the light was upon her family and is now speaking for abstinence.

Baby's are never a mistake (IMO) and she allowed her child to have life and is able to relay to younger girls the challenges. Could this be part of the big plan?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• God is all knowing therefore He knew what would happen now He can use her to get a message to teens, including abstinence, the challenges of being a teen mom, and also choosing life.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 4:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am a firm believer that every detail of our lives is already planned before we are even born. So everything that has happened to her was meant to happen, and everything that happens to her in the future is what is meant to happen. So if God is using her to tell a story to others than so be it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Actually Bristol Palin spoke against abstinence only programs. She stated that while it was still her personal belief that abstinence is the right choice, she also stated that she doesn't think abstinence only teaching works.

And IMO, they don't.

As for the baby, its each woman's choice on what to do when becoming pregnant; but I do also think that sometimes "mistakes" are blessings in disguise.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• you might want to catch up on current events ozarkgirls.

Bristol Palin, daughter of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, went on "Good Morning America" to launch her new pastime as an ambassador for abstinence.

Anonymous

• Her new role is what I was talking about. she may not say it is the ONLY way but she is promoting it.
    -op
    Anonymous

• Ok she is saying abstinence is NOT the only way but she is promoting abstinence. I am confused.

Anonymous

• Is she saying abstinence is not the way to go? I think she is now promoting abstinence.

Have you never picked one of two ways to do something? Is there two ways to go to walmart and you pick one? What is so confusing? You can promote one way but not be so naive as to say there is another way.
    Anonymous

• Asked how she squared her own experiences with her new campaign, she added, "I'm not quite sure, I just want to go out there and promote abstinence and say, this is the safest choice. This is the choice that's going to prevent teen pregnancy and prevent a lot of heartache."

This is what I am talking about. Her NEW role...what she is talking about now.

Are you all chaning the subject because you are afraid to answer the original question.

Anonymous

• No, I wasn't aware she was now an ambassador for abstinence. That still doesn't change the fact that abstinence only programs don't work. I'm all for people teaching abstinence as the "right" choice for their own children, but I think many people who believe in abstinence before marriage are taking a great risk in not informing their kids about how to protect themselves in case they slip up. I don't grasp why its hard to say "We believe that sex is supposed to be after marriage BUT IF you EVER slip up/make that choice you need to insist on a condom." If a mistake is going to be made, then keep your children as safe as possible and discuss with them how not to slip up in the future (at least they are protected in the mean time)

And Anon:31- I did answer OP's question at the end of my statement. Why would anyone be afraid to answer?
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• this isn't a question about abstinence only programs.
    Anonymous