how come I got pregnant the first time right away and now have been trying for the past 5 months. I have been using ovulation tests monthly and have had confirmed ovulation per the test. Can the tests confirm ovulation but maybe I am not releasing an egg? I never expected this to be so difficult the sencond time especially since the first time I had gone off the pill I get prego with my first child. What am I doing wrong? Tips, suggestion, anything?

mummafun

Asked by mummafun at 5:19 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• there is a thing called secondary infertility Sometimes I think We plan too hard for it. Keep your self preoccupied. When you aren't thinking about it It will happen. If age is a factor consider Clomid. Worked for me. Good Luck.
    BigboyMom

Answer by BigboyMom at 5:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• your ability to concieve depends on a lot of things. stress level, activity level, diet, and many others. talk to you doctor. it can take a long tim to concieve, and the more stress you put on yourself the harder it will be. try to relax. dont think anbout it quite so much. the presure is hard on your whole body.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 7:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am actually 32 so I don't think age is too much of a factor yet. I have called my dr. to see if there was anything they could check for or start but I am not sure if they will offer me anything based on the fact it has only been 5 months. When or how were you offered clomid? Are dr.'s strict about prescribing it? As far as the stress ...I really haven't been and I looked at my calendar and thought I figured it out that my timing was off so this time I was pretty confident and not very pressured since we were still trying way past my ovulation date. my daughter just turned 1 in april and I wanted to have the siblings close in age, my husband will be 38 this fall and doesn't want to have kids much past 40, and plus I don't want all the extra risks of pregnancy once I am past 35. Just frustrating!
    mummafun

Answer by mummafun at 9:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am going through the same thing right now. My hubby and I have been TTC baby #2 since October, and still nothing. We got pregnant with our daughter right away, so this is driving me crazy! I agree with the previous person, if I could just relax and stop thinking about it 24/7, I would probably get pregnant. Good luck!!
    BabyAbby0507

Answer by BabyAbby0507 at 9:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Between 30-35, many doctors will begin testing and assisting with conception after you have been trying for 6 months. They want a calendar with your menstrual dates so they can see what your pattern is. Some will prescribe Clomid if they find you are not ovulating which is determined with blood tests and sometimes ultrasound.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 11:10 AM on May. 7, 2009