Are you with an Agency, Facilitator, Adoption Attorney or Independent? Which was the best for you?

dngoodwin73

Asked by dngoodwin73 at 5:30 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Adoption

• We used agencies each of the three times we adopted. I wouldn't have done it any other way.
    Anonymous

• As a birthmother I used an agency. Adoptions From The Heart. They are wonderful people there.
    TLW514

Answer by TLW514 at 9:14 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We used Catholic Charities for both of our adoptions - two different offices in two different states. I would recommend them. I saw one post (I think from a bmom) saying that she was not happy with them. Each office is different, setting their own policies. We tried the networking thing but it only turned up disappointment for us. I like the agencies we used because they spend a lot of time helping the expectant women to explore what they really want to do, and the pre-adoptive couples spend many hours in "training", learning about adoption-related issues. The two offices we worked with have open adoption policies, so there is a lot of time spent on that. The policy is to cater to the expectant woman's wishes. Counseling is provided for as long as it is needed, and physical needs can be met with no strings attached (housing, etc.). The cost was also much lower than average.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We are currently in the process of using an agency - so far I've been pleased with how they treat us and their approach towards expectant moms in general (the director is a birthmom herself).
    muptgirl

Answer by muptgirl at 8:56 AM on May. 7, 2009

• I used a Facilatator...
    Lifetime adoptions located in California.
    They are illegal to use in certain states.
    It is my understanding that they are different than agencies because all they do is find an expectant mother for you.
    I highly recommend them, they were their for all involved months after the adoption was final.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:38 AM on May. 7, 2009