How can you reduce swelling in your feet?

Lately my feet and lower legs have been swelling like crazy with water retention. Usually it has only been during that time of the month, but lately it is all of the time. It's driving me crazy. Does anyone know how to make it finally go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• Elevation, lift them up on a pillow and sit back and relax. Try and stay off of your feet and when you do keep them elevated. This will help the swelling go down.
    LimoMOM5

Answer by LimoMOM5 at 5:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think staying off my feet is half the problem. I'm working a full time desk job now. They are so bad every evening when I get home, but I really can't get away from my desk very often.
    Anonymous

• Keeping them higher than your heart, and support hose. Also cutting back on salt, But you should find out what is causing this.

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• ELEVATION!! Reduce sodium intake. Increase water intake.
    Soon2BMommy2009

Answer by Soon2BMommy2009 at 5:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Water with lemon!!!! I went through this about a month ago. Just squeeze half a lemon into a bottle or glass of water and drink it. The retention WILL begin to subside.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• prop your feet up
    monitor your bp
    low salt diet
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• cut out salt, leg massage to get circulation going, elevate legs

Answer by admckenzie at 7:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• u need to see a doctor if u havent already it is a sign of hypertension or high blood pressure u may need medication if they say u dont just elevate ur feet every 3-4 hours for 20 mins and reduce salt intake
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 9:10 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Drink lots of water, elevate your feet. Try to get up a couple times of day to walk around. Talk to your doc to see if it isn't something else.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on May. 6, 2009