Heartburn and hair?

Is it true that the more heartburn you have the more hair your baby will have...I get it but not really bad or everyday so does that mean my baby will only have a little bit of hair or is the heartburn caused by something else. I know it has a little to do with eating spicy foods and fatty foods but is that it?

hug4akiss

Asked by hug4akiss at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• With my first I had no heartburn and he was bald, my second had a head full and I was miserable so I would have to say yes it's true.
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 5:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn and my son was born with a HEAD full of hair. So I believe that is true! :)
    jziegler

Answer by jziegler at 5:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• no it's an old wives tale. I had heartburn like crazy and my baby was born with a just the right amount of hair.. it was not long or thick it was short and thin. so don't go by that. if you have bad heartburn and your child is born with thick hair it is mere coincidence.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 5:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• With all of my kids I have no heartburn & they where born with a head full of hair.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 5:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No I didnt have heart burn and DS has a full lush head of hair since day 1
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i would have a lot of heart burn with my sons...mostly with the second one and let me tell you he has more hair than other babies..my first son has beautiful long hair just like my hubby
    brisa1984

Answer by brisa1984 at 5:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• old wives tale so for some yes for others no...my dd had a full head of hair that you could already put into a little peebles flinstone style when she was born and i had heartburn just from eating bread, and they saw her hair at the 20 week ultrasound. this one have had heartburn but not every day like with her, so we'll see he'll be here on the 21st
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I actually read an article a few weeks back saying that there is actually some scientific basis to this.
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/318037/pregnant_mothers_with_heartburn_can.html
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17150070
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 6:13 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The first thing the doctors said when I started pushing was "WOW thats a lot of hair, come look at all this hair!" I never ever had heartburn.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I had horrible heartburn with my daughter and people told me that old wives tale.

My daughter was born almost bald!
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 6:36 PM on May. 6, 2009