Does anybody know when they have the best sales on baby items? (crib, strollers etc.) My husband was wondering if black friday is a good day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I know walmart has cute baby clothes for 3 dollars me and my SO went and bought onesies and pants and shirts..it was great walmart always has good deals on baby clothes and other baby items I got my bassinet for a great price...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 5:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• End of the season, I bought all my DS summer stuff when I was preggers with him over the winter. I got about 50 outfits at kmart for about 30 bucks. Just go to TJ Maxx, Ross that type of place that sells the fashion stuff cheap. Stock up over your whole pregnancy especially if you dont have a washer and dryer like me!
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 5:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• target is really cheap too, like $4 for shirts and $4 for the shorts. i got a nice bassinet at kmart for $40, you really just have to look around. end of season is great for the seasonal stuff. but for the big stuff you have to look around, try to find coupons etc...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• black firday sometimes has some
    but just monitor the sales adds
    :)
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:01 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with the previous posters that end-of-season sales are a great way to get new merchandise at a discount.

If you aren't opposed to it, second hand stores have tons of great baby stuff for really cheap. I got a Graco bassinet with a musical mobile, pockets on the sides, and a shelf and storage bin underneath for only $40, and found countless baby clothes with the tags still on them for way cheaper than the stores they'd come from. I also went to garage sales and swap meets, and perused the ads in the paper and in Yahoo groups like FreeCycle.
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I got my really cool stroller for 15 dollars at a thrift store..if u dont have alot of money thrift store shopping is always a good idea but you definently need to wash the stuff before you use it..the stroller I got is compatible with the carseat I got fro free from my SO sister so for 15 bucks I got a whole travel system and its in GOOD shape with cup holders and everything
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:00 PM on May. 6, 2009