what do you think about a younger girl seeing a older man?

I'm 25 and the guy that i been seeing is 40. i dnt think the age should matter but some people seem to think so. to me age is only a number

erica2525

Asked by erica2525 at 6:17 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• if it doesn't matter to ya'll then it shouldn't matter in your relationship. honestly, sometimes i wonder what people with big age differences could have in common, but since i'm not in the relationship i don't know, so i don't judge
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:18 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It does not matter what other people think..It depends on if the man you are with is the one...does he make you happy? does he love you? do you love him? does he provide and take responsibility when needed? if so you have the perfect man for you....if you are happy that is all that matters. I would think it was gross if he was 60-70...lol
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My SO is 11 years older than me and I don't see a problem with it, nor does any of mine or his families. It's the people on the outside that seem to care. I had someone ask me the other day "How did you ever get involved with a 33 year old?!" This man is the best thing that has ever happened to me and if I had to choose him or a 22 year old, I'd choose him over and over again.
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 6:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think age is only an issue when on of the parties is very young (20 or younger). Other wise, if it doesnt bother you, dont worry about every one else.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• There are lots of moms on here who agree with you that it doesn't matter...I'm in a couple of groups for moms with older men here. You should check them out, my hubby is 16 years older than me by the way so I certainly don't see anything wrong with it.
    Anonymous

• Men love real young women so they can mold them into a Stepford Mate and try to regain their youth. Keep in mind in about ten years he can't get hard so you will be without sex. If you are ok with that, then go for it
    Anonymous

• My husband is 4 years old than I. I do look younger than my age. His grandma thought he was robbing the cradle.
    Anonymous

• I have no problem with as long as the younger party is 18. My s/o is much older than I am and I like it that way. He's done with the party days and he's spent 15 years in school so now he can focus on his career. I still have a few years left before I get my JD.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think the age difference becomes a problem down the road, when you're 45 and he's 60, you may feel young still and he won't. Right now, it's fine and no, it shouldn't matter. Other considerations are that if it's long term, will he be stuck in his ways or be flexible, want to have kids and all the work or not, share in your interests and your friends and can relate or not. Only you can decide.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• "Men love real young women so they can mold them into a Stepford Mate and try to regain their youth. Keep in mind in about ten years he can't get hard so you will be without sex. If you are ok with that, then go for it "

You are beyond ignorant and you've obviously been scorned. Men liking younger women has a biological basis. A woman in her 20's can have the same maturity level as a man in his 40's.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:52 PM on May. 6, 2009