• In the Spotlight:

Soothing a teether?

Does anyone have any ideas, besides the normal teething ring ect. For a baby teething?

Rachel24517

Asked by Rachel24517 at 6:20 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For mine, I picked up 'Hylands Teething Tablets' from Walmart and rubbed one over her gums when she was having a really bad day. And I also went to a local health foods store and picked up some Teething Biscuits. She really loves chewing on them but they make a horrible mess. Sometimes she just has fun chewing on a washcloth. I almost forgot, my sister picked up a vibrating teether. I'm not sure where she got it from but it's in the shape of a strawberry and its rubbery like a bottle nipple and has bumps all over it. When she bites down, it vibrates her gums. She used to fall asleep to me holding the teether so it vibrated without her doing any work.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 6:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my son didnt care for teethers till he had a good grip. we have a vibrating teether I got at walmart and he LOOOOVES it! other than that, a cool wet rag is nice to chew on. I filled pacifiers with water and put them in the fridge. my son liked that. also depending on the age you can offer teething tablets or liquid supplements, and I think just about all of them are natural and safe. some might suggest a frozen waffle, bagel or a carrot, but I've never tried that with my son
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hylands teething gell is also excellent. I also get her wash cloth damp and them freeze them. She LOVES chewing on them...
    tazcentral

Answer by tazcentral at 7:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hylands Teething Tablets are great. They disolve in less than a second under their tounge. Its about $7 at walmart.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:56 PM on May. 6, 2009