Should I feel like I am letting my boss down....

I am a high risk pregnacy. Which my doctor tells me I need to attend a high risk birthing class. The only class that was available was on Wednesday nights I work about 40 miles from where the class is held. So I will have to leave work early for the next 10 weeks an hour early. As a side note He told me that I need to be more devoted to my job and not let this inturpt the flow of his office. Now I have had every appointment and all lab work done on fridays since we dont work fridays. Am I wrong for needing to leave work to attend these classes?

Sbahns

Asked by Sbahns at 6:21 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no your boss sounds like a jerk honestly. its one day a week and if he really wants to be such a dick about it you could suggest maybe coming in 20 mins earlier for a few days a week or staying later to make up for it. if its a job you want to keep after you have the baby, than i'd try to find a way that it works for him. but he also needs to get that your kids health has to come first and that means you have to leave work early one day a week for a few months than oh well
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No you are not wrong for leaving early to go to the class. If you have to go then go. I now I am high risk also but have not been adviced of any classess I needed to attend. I guess it is different every where.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• screw him...go to the class..he sounds like a huge ass to me
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree, your boss sounds like a real jerk!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• No your boss is not worried about u they have to do their job which is to make sure u r efficient but u dont need to stay if it is at a risk to ur baby .. Maybe see if u can work a different shift for two weeks trade with some one so it don't mess with anything he is just worried about his ass nothing else
    xxTiffanGaryxx

Answer by xxTiffanGaryxx at 8:21 PM on May. 6, 2009

• 10 weeks sorry
    xxTiffanGaryxx

Answer by xxTiffanGaryxx at 8:22 PM on May. 6, 2009