• In the Spotlight:

May be TMI

After I had my kid, I developed a hemorrhoid. It's been there about 2 years now and I thought it would go away, but it hasn't. How do I get rid of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:22 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Health

• If you are done having kids you can get them surgically removed. If you are planning on having more kids it makes sense to wait until you are done, because if you got them once the likelihood is that you will get them again.
    I would try to make sure to eat enough fiber that they don't bother you. I have had them and they only flare up and bother me if I don't get enough fiber.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• unfortunately i am in the same boat. and you won't get rid of it unless a doctor knows of a trick I don't... i tried pushing mine back in but it doesn't work..(sorry if that sounds gross). you will probably have a visible hemorrhoid forever. if you find a way to get rid of it let me know
    Anonymous

• Have you tried those creams or wipes?
    Anonymous

• I got hemorroids too and I had to have surgery for something else and just asked them to go in and fix them if they could. You talk about painful!! But it took care of them for the meantime. But after a couple of years, I have them again. Seems if you have any trouble going to the bathroom at all, they come right back. Not good!
    Anonymous

• I, like nathskitten, only have a reoccurence if I don't have enough fiber in my diet.
    Anonymous

• Preparation H didn't help shrink it up?

Answer by admckenzie at 7:22 PM on May. 6, 2009