Terrible two's will they ever stop?

My son is 2yr old and everyday he is into somting that does not belind to him I fell like he spend over half his time in timeout chair.

ahunsicker

Asked by ahunsicker at 6:23 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• wait until the 3's come around. they are worse than terrible. sorry to not give you an answer of what you want to hear. my son is three and i feel it has gotten worse. although he seems to be a little calmer these past two weeks. you just have to be consistent with him and keep doing your time out chair. try to keep him entertained.. what do you guys do for fun?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My son is 2 and has good days and bad. I find the days go much better when he gets a variety of activities and outdoor time. The activities don't need to be exotic. We run errands (and point out shapes/colors) or go to the park or take a walk. Just engage him in conversation/observations to keep him interested. Too much of the same thing and he'll get bored. That invariably leads him to make his own "fun". You might also be more selective in your battles.. Some things might be worth ignoring because then they'll loose their entertainment value (as long as safety isn't an issue)
    Anonymous

• you think 2 is bad wait until they turn 4 seriously my daughter just turned 4 and oh my Gosh I think she is going through the 2's all over again lol I am hoping it gets better soon I am going nuts with her lol sorry i can't help you out though
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• It's a constantly changing landscape.
    When will the power struggle, mischief, and need for your constant vigilance end? When he moves out. Truly.
    Yes, the large tantrums will ease (but not go away - look at the questions in the teen section). Yes, he will stop doing things that you know could kill him (but not completely - look at the questions in the teen section).
    It doesn't get "better"... it just gets "different". Differnt problem behaviors, different challenges, but different rewards and success too.

kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Two is bad. Three is worse. Four is pretty darn fun

Answer by rkoloms at 5:44 AM on May. 7, 2009