Johnny Jump Up

My 4 month old doesnt really do anything in his johnny jump up. He just sets there an, so d chews on the bar. I push him back and forth slowly. He enjoys that. Aren't they supose to jump in them? Just curious what other babies have done in the johnny jump?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 6:24 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Most babies (that I've seen) jump in them. Is he low enough to the ground to touch his feet? Maybe you could just bounce him a little to get him started? He might just like to be swung though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• yea, he is low enough to touch,but will pick his feet up when I swing him. I am sure he will eventually jump in it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:34 PM on May. 6, 2009

• 4 months old is a little on the young side for them to figure out how to get it bouncing. Give him a little time!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Give it a little more time and before you know it he will start jumping. Mine always figured it out when they got excited and started kicking thier legs and once that happened they figured it out!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 6:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• He's too young, he'll go nuts in it in a month or so.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:12 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My dd used to just hang there. It was kinda sad to look at!! Now shebounces like a fool. Just wait!!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• DD is 4 months, and she does the same thing in her jumperoo. In fact, she looks quite miserable. Ill give it time.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My daughter got one around that age as well and I just put her in it a lot, at first she just sat there and looked at us like we were crazy. She soon began to spin herself around the learned to jump but it did take her a bit. They just have to figure it out first. :)
    It was her favorite thing to do though once she got the hang of it!! IT was very entertaining to watch LOL
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:50 PM on May. 6, 2009

• my son would just kind of stand there the first week or so i out him in there. once he figured out that he could make himself jump he never stopped and its his favorite toy now.
    Mgirly84

Answer by Mgirly84 at 12:18 AM on May. 7, 2009

• thanks moms! I am glad to hear eventually he will prob start jumping like a pro...lol! He spins sometimes but like i said thats about it. I will be waiting for the jumping! I can't wait to see him do it :)
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 9:45 AM on May. 7, 2009