Does anyone else compare....

im young 21 year old mom and lately i keep finding my self being jealous of my husbands pay checks he is only 22 and makes over 50,000 yearly...and im a stay at home mom with no career no college behind me ...nothing. i envy his sucess and want the same, i feel like its never gonna happen since i had a kid so young. anyone else feel like this?!

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 6:24 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• well actually i'm a little different. I graduated from college in 2003. this is way before the baby. i ended up working in retail. then years later I met my SO, got preggo and I'm now a sahm. my degree is wasting away and this small town has nothing to offer. so I'm kinda stuck, but then again if I had the career I wanted back then, I might not have met SO or had a baby! so now I'm just hoping oneday to be in the right place, right time, and get a job I've been waiting for. but I dont want to work till my son is in school. by that time it might be too late
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• then do something about it. Go to college and catch up with him or even surpass him. You can do it. Don't let anything stop you

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• ha ha easier said than done...he wont pay for childcare...im kinda stuck
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• and no i dont have siblings or fam members to watch my DS while i attend college if i did i would have already hopped on that train a long time ago....
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• what about online courses?
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• What about working just part-time, a couple of days per week? Maybe just talk to him & tell him it would help you just to get out of the house some. The cost would not be that much for a couple of days. Be thankful that you don't HAVE to work and that he is able to provide for you and your son. It's nice to have the option to work or not to work. There are a lot of women who are not so blessed.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 6:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I used to make more than my hubby, for many years. Now I only work PT (one day a week) and he makes the big bucks...enjoy it! I don't have any problem with him making more. You can make more if you go back to school and get an education, but even if you make less, who cares? You are a couple.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 6:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Blah...I had my son at 19 and got my BA totally online. Now i'm in law school. It's never too late, having a child only prevents you from furthering your education if you allow it.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 6:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i know i know i know....i sh ouldnt compare but it just gets to me ive dont the working part time thing and the child care cost was way more than what i was making thats why we agreed to have me stay at home,i do appreciate that i have the option but i would love to be independent as well....ya know?
    brandnew744

Answer by brandnew744 at 6:47 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think if you HAD to work you'd probably be wishing you could be a SAHM -- we always want what we can't have. Your time will come. Your son will be in school in no time and then you can work during the hours he is at school. Just be appreciative that you have a husband that doesn't expect you to work to help support the family. Sounds like a good man to me.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 7:08 PM on May. 6, 2009