I need menu ideas for 7 days. What's you're fastest, easiest, most filling meal?

We're trying to economize, so I'm cooking dinner at home way more often. (my husband is an 'eat out' fiend). Any how, he's mostly a meat and potatoes, and green bean fanatic (won't eat a lot of other veggies). Give me some meals that I can make at home that will fill him up?

PaceMyself

Asked by PaceMyself at 6:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Grilled ham and cheese - french fires

Chicken covered with cream of chicken soup and placed in oven...very easy -boiled potato cubed with parsley and butter - green beans

Fried Kilbasa w/sauted red peppers and onions - rice a roni

meatloaf - mashed potato - green beans

Fried pork chops - Mrs.T Perogies

Hot dogs - onion rings

Lasanga -frozen version is very good

mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 9:30 AM on May. 8, 2009

• chili in the crock pot its ready when you get home
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I make pork roast in the crock pot, also pot roast, stew beef....all of those things can be cooked with veggies and take little time to prepare. You just let them cook all day and poof, you have a good hearty supper.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Sorry I have no recipes but I have a great website that helps a lot

www.kraftfoods.com
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Anything in a crock pot is easy you toss it in there and 8 hours later a meal you didnt slave over all day. I joined a group on here called crock pot moms once and got lots of GOOD ideas. Good Luck!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I recommend Homestyle Bakes. They're cheap and all you have to add is water. Everythings in the box and comes easily assembled. My favorite is chicken with mashed potatoes and biscuits.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 6:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well i just gave my sis a recipie for pork chops you cook the pork chop in coke
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 6:38 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Black bean quesadillas. My dh is the same...he will only really eat meat and starchy things, ie pasta, potatoes, rice. He love these. We have them at least twice a month.

1lb hamburger
    2 cans black beans rinsed
    1 small can chopped green chilis
    1 small onion
    spices...garlic, cumin, chili powder...all to taste
    sharp cheddar cheese
    tortillas
    Brown ground beef with spices, add chopped onions. When the onions are tender add the black beans and green chilis. Cook for a few minutes to let the flavors come together. I like to mush the beans so the quesadillas are easier to flip...beans don't fall out all over the place. turn oven to 350 degrees. Put some of the bean mixture on half of the tortilla and cover with cheese. place on baking sheet. Continue until baking sheet is full. Bake 5 minutes and flip, five more minutes and they are done. I cut them into pieces and serve with corn salsa.

This is enough for two meals/2a/3kid
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i also put dry onion soup in hamburgers or sometimes i use dry ranch that also works really good
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 6:39 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I take half of the black been mix and freeze it for a day that we are in a time crunch. Super fast to thaw out and make the quesadillas. 15 minute meal if the mix comes from the freezer.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:40 PM on May. 6, 2009