Disappearing white bumps

My 22 month old DD has been getting what I think are hives today. The weird thing is they go away within an hour and

sarabear524

Asked by sarabear524 at 6:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• this might be a dumb question but what is a probiotic?? also my daughter is actually experiencing her third outbreak of a similar rash. her doctor said that is her body's way expressing she has a viral infection. you can try giving her childrens claritin which is what my doctor told me to give her. and put benadryl cream on her rash to relieve the itching. when you give her a bath, give her an aveeno bath. if you can't get aveeno then use regular oats (like you make oatmeal with) and baking soda. just sprinkle it in the water. (a rather cool bath works best) if you put her in warm water the rash will appear to get darker red and itch more. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Probiotic is the good bacteria that you need in your gut to fight off germs. It's funny that you mention warm water making it worse because she will often get red splotches after her bath that go away by morning or sometime during the night.
    sarabear524

Answer by sarabear524 at 6:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• sounds like an allergic reaction to me, taking any meds? (even if its something she has been taking, you can develop an allergy to anything at any point and time and it can go away just as suddenly)
    no.1twinmommy

Answer by no.1twinmommy at 2:38 PM on May. 7, 2009

• I think I figured out what it is... Urticaria Pigmentosa.
    sarabear524

Answer by sarabear524 at 4:18 PM on May. 7, 2009