Oh no

A couple of weeks ago, my daughter who is 2, got into the doggie treats. The little milkbones. Now all she wants is dog treats, she refuses to eat anything else. She will scream at the top of her lungs for them, until I have to give in and give them to her. That's all she's eaten for the last few weeks. I'm worried about her health.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Say no and stick to it. Throw those treats away! She isn't crying blood right? There's no reason why her crying has a force you to give he dog treats.

If you need more help google what's really in dog treats and food and decide if any parent would let there kid eat that shit.

Anonymous

• I hope you're joking. That's disgusting. You're the mother. She's a toddler. Just don't give them to her, she'll eventually get hungry and eat real food. That's disgusting.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• thats all she's eaten? have you offered other foods? what DID she like before doggie treats? dont let her eat nothing but doggie treats. ask a doctor. it would be terrible for DFCS to get involved because of that diet.
    Anonymous

• my son got into the dried catfood and will snack on that while I am making a meal. of course I dont le him. sometimes he's quick and I see it in his hands or in his mouth. but I always take it away and feed him something he likes. if catfood was my sons only diet i'd know then I'm an unfit mother
    Anonymous

• Just because that's all she eats doesn't mean that I'm an unfit mother. I was asking for help not bashing.
    Anonymous

• i didnt say you were an unfit mother, I said if I fed my baby nothing but catfood thats how I would feel about MY parenting skills! if I said YOU were an unfit mother, I would have said exactly that. I dont think you're an unfit mother, I dont even know you! but I certainly hope that you didnt give up hope and accept that your baby will live on doggie treats throughout her childhood!
    Anonymous

• Well if this is for real, and you need real advice, here's my suggestions: I would first get rid of the dog treats. Your dog doesn't need them, and your child certainly doesn't need them. IF you cannot get her to eat anything, maybe you could buy some gram crackers that are similar in shape, and offer her one of those with some healthy food. Otherwise I would just sit her down for three meals a day. If she says she wants dog food, tell her that isn't an option. If she doesn't eat anything, then do not offer her anything else. No snacks at all. Offer her healthy food only. Eventually she'll get hungry and eat.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If that is all she's eating...why on earth are you still giving the to her? She's screaming? SO? Let her scream in the corner or something until she's ready to eat proper HUMAN food!

I'm worried about her health, too since she's been given nothing but dog treats for a couple of weeks now!
    Anonymous

• This must be a joke and I don't find it funny. You need to call your child's doctor if that is the only thing she has ate for the past week. She is NOT A DOG and should NOT eat dog treats.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Throw the box in the trash, tell your daughter and the dog you are sorry there are no more treats. When you do buy more, buy a different type.

Do not give in. All you are doing is teaching her that throwing a fit is a good way to get what she wants. Bad lesson. Be a parent - do not give in.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:28 PM on May. 6, 2009