Wisconsin

When I say Wisconsin,what comes to mind? What state are you from,and what do you think people think folks from your neck of the woods are like?

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 6:30 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My very dear friend lives in WI so I think of her and then I think cows cuz she has them LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:33 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Cold winters! I went to school in Wisconsin (north of Green Bay)! I loved the winters and miss it!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think of great times. We bought our 1st house in WI 18 years ago had 2 children, then sold the house and move to a small town in IL. Really miss WI, we were only 2 blocks from Lake Mich. and so central located between Milw. and Chicago.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 6:51 PM on May. 6, 2009

• CHEESE, comes to my mind.....lol
    i'm from Ma.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 6:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• The Violent Femmes!! WHOOO! I love those guys. I also think of Oconomowoc, where my cousin grew up, and of course cheese! I do NOT think of California when I think of cheese inspite of what the commercials what me to believe
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 6:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I"m from maine I can only imagine people think of lobsters and hicks when they think of Maine
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:00 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I am from Wisconsin and you guys are pretty accurate. I live right between Milwaukee and Chicago so I have a lot to do, live about 6 blocks from Lake Michigan. I am in an awesome area to raise kids. I live in Kenosha, home of Jockey Underware!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think of Wisconsin cheese! :) I have never been there, but would like to visit sometime.

I live in Virginia and there are many different associations with this state. The touristy Virginia Beach area. The military Hampton Roads area. The other touristy area of history which includes Colonial Williamsburg, Yorktown, and Jamestown. The tragedy at VA-Tech. All the battlefields, and it's association with Washington, DC.

I grew up in Maine and the associations with that state would be the accent (ayuh!), the rough beauty, the cold and snowy winters, Stephen King, New England charm, maple syrup during sugaring time, and lobstah!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:22 AM on May. 7, 2009