Days after delivery

I just want some information regarding the first 24 to 48 hours after delievery. I have NO idea what to expect, and am 100 times more nervous about that than I am the actual delivery. Can any of you who have had previous births help me out pleasssse!!!?? Thanks.

kemmerer411

Asked by kemmerer411 at 6:39 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• watch bringing home baby...find out when its on and WATCH IT trust me it will help alot its a show all about the first few days with the baby at home
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:41 PM on May. 6, 2009

• you'll be very sore. any family or friends around who could be the nanny for a day? dont worry about dishes or laundry. have someone cook for you. the baby will cry a lot. is the SO around? see if he can help you as much as he can, especially at night! you need lots of rest! are you going to breastfeed? you'll feel like a 24/7 dairy cow, but its the best way to get your supply goin!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 6:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• dont worry! it will be a little difficult getting up from sitting, or laying, oh yeah and maybe constipation,it hurts to push after just having a baby ya know lol. you will probably just be on an addrinaline rush like i was, i was just so relived it was all over and i had my little sweet pea in my arms.
    lyla512

Answer by lyla512 at 6:45 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You might still be in the hospital,but when you get home,you'll be very exhausted,and overwhelmed. Just take it slow.Try to rest when the baby does,I know that can be hard sometimes.You'll be bleeding heavy for a few days,so make sure you get those pads designed for bladder leakage,they work better.Just focus on yourself,your husband,and the baby.If you're not up to visitors,say so.Anyone who pushes the point is cruel.There will be plenty of time for visits when you better establish a routine.Congrats!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:49 PM on May. 6, 2009

• This is what happened with us. I had a c-section and I threw up the first whole evening from the spinal block. Then nurses would come in and change my phonebook size pads cause you bleed a lot. I didnt have any pain from the c-section so that was good for my part. Make sure to ask for some kind of stool softner, the first one a few days after you give birth is rough one. I would have hated to have known what it was like without the stool softner. You will continue to bleed for weeks but after the first few days it slows down enough that you can get by with just one regular pad like the always brand. The first night home I think will go one of either way. You will be lucky and the baby will just wake up every few hours to eat or you will have one like we did and she will be up the whole night crying. Take any help that is offered to you, dont be bashful to ask for help. Just remember you are recovering from a big ordeal. GL
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Generally you are in the hospital for two to three days after your baby is born. You will be sore and you will bleed a lot (in the hospital they will give you what you need but at home you will want to have the large pads on hand). Make sure that you use all of the supplies that the hospital gives you. Mine gave me a water bottle to clean with, a spray for pain, a foam for something I can't remember, and tucks pads for hemroids. I used them religiously because I didn't want to get an infection or anything. For me, I felt great after my son was born. I was a little sore but nothing terrible. I actually went to the mall to get pictures taken the day we were released from the hospital and then went to a funeral visitation that night. The baby will sleep a lot (hopefully) and if you are nursing will also nurse a lot. When your milk comes in it is normal to get a fever and feel achy. Just listen to your body.
    LindsK

Answer by LindsK at 12:12 AM on May. 7, 2009