Son still sleeps in my bed!

I am a single mother of 3. 4 year old twin girls and a 17 year old son. I started him off sleeping in my bed when he was a baby and he never left! It's so annoying because I can't even bring a date home because he's sleeping in there. But, yet he can kick me out of there when he's got a girl over. It's really starting to make me mad. I want my bed back! He has his own room and his own bed, but if I send him in there to go to sleep he throws a fit! And I am in no way a fan of the cry it out method, so I end up letting him back in. What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• EWWW
    Anonymous

• that's funny
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 6:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh, please say this is a joke, b/c I am laughing my ass off. You don't believe in letting your 17 YEAR old cry it out? Why is he crying to begin with? Why do you let him have a girl in your HOUSE, much less your bed? Oh, there are so many problems with this. You need some serious therapy, and so does your son. I'm sorry, but really. If this is for real, you need to seek some real help.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with tropicalmama, this is ridiculous if he's 17. First you should never have started him out in your bed, what's wrong with children being put in their own room/bed from birth! Really!
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 6:56 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I think it all goes back to how I breastfed him until he was 8. So it was easier to comfort him when he woke in the night, rather than get up and get him. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was close to 9. I guess it just gives me comfort as well, since he still likes the snuggle.
    Anonymous

• har har har har you so funny har har har
    KatieFlower

Answer by KatieFlower at 7:42 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Hes 17 years old come on now! And wait he kickes you out of you room so him and some girl can mess around on YOUR bed what the hell are you thinking? Kick his booty out of your room hes almost graduated from high school for god sakes! Thats just weird that he would even want to sleep there
    Anonymous

• THIS SOUNDS LIKE A JOKE TO ME
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm totally confused.You cuddle with a 17yo?Please tell me this is a joke about how parents breastfeed too long and co-sleep,and allow teens to have sex at home.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• DO NOT FEED THE TROLL
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 1:29 AM on May. 7, 2009