How much castor oil?

Ok, so I have been contracting for almost 3 weeks now, as of monday I was 1-2cms and 60% and the doc stripped my membranes. I have been contracting for long constant periods of time but nothing close enough to go in for (the L&D doc told me not to come in until my contractions were 2-4 minutes apart for 2 hours!) Anyway, the contractions will really get going and just when I think we're going to be having a baby they stop....she's teasing me!!!! lol.

I have been in a lot of pain and discomfort and I think things are ready but a push is needed to keep things going so I was wondering, for those of you who have taken castor oil before, about how much should I take? I know it may not work and just cause bathroom problems but to be honest, my system could use cleaning out anyway....been a little on the constipated side lately no matter what my fluid intake is (sorry if tmi).

Oh yeah, I'm 38wks 4dys

mcquistionmom2

Asked by mcquistionmom2 at 6:51 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT use this!!!!!

It can be very dangerous for mom and baby!

Give me a minute and I'll post SAFE natural induction alternatives to this. :)
    Anonymous

• herbal teas are supposed to be a better way of natural induction
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• as well as nipple stimulation...walking....orgasm
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 6:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• theres also some exercises your supposed to be able to do...I have a pregnancy book with all this stuff in it I just dont feel like looking it up
    hug4akiss

• I would not use this method. I say this becuase if it does not work then it will just give you the runs. It is not good either. But if you want to try it jsut use 1 Tablesoon with a some OJ. Good Luck. Also if it gets to the point that you want to push go to the doctor.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:58 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Raspberry Leaf Tea- Tones the uterus and for some women can give you the push you need to start contracting consitantly as well as help your uterus get ready for all the work it will soon be going through.

Cumin Tea- 1 Cumin Seed in 1 Cup boiling water left to steep for 5 mintues. 1 cup per hour per day. This is frequently used by latino midwives for women who are needing to be induced but are avoiding medical induction. It's very effective.

Sex- May sound like an old wives tale but actually there is a hormone in seamen that actually softens and ripens the cervix. As a matter of fact the cervadil that they use in hospitals to ripen the cervix is derived from pig sperm because it contains the same hormone as human sperm. Leave it setting on the cervix for 30 minutes after intercourse by remaining in bed

Acupucture- You can find the points on line to induce labor

Squatting- Puts pressure on the cervix to dialate.
    Anonymous

• Nipple Stimulation- SHOULD BE SUPERVISED BY A MIDWIFE WHEN DO THIS because it can cause strong contractions and your baby will need to be monitored.

Gravity-Exercises such as walking are really great because they help the babies head apply pressure to the cervix.

Bumpy Car Ride- AGAIN I KNOW...this sounds like a old wives tale but my doula actually told me about this because if your baby is facing up instead of down it can be keeping you from going into labor. A bumpy car ride can get baby in the right position and start labor. A friend actually used this last week because her doctor was threatening induction. Her baby was facing up but after the car ride she was contracting and baby was face down when she arrived at the hospital.

REMEMBER THOUGH...NOTHING WILL WORK UNLESS BABY IS READY!!
    Anonymous

• its not acupuncture its acupressure
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:05 PM on May. 6, 2009