cleaning my baby: shower versus bath?

i just answered a question and it got me thinkin...I should ask about it! my son, 1 yr old, has been refusing to sit still in the tub. he sits for a while, but gets interested in the knobs and doesnt want to sit still. I took a shower this morning and had him in the tub with me. he was great! he stood up the whole time, played with his toys, and I was able to wash him real good as well as myself (aah the joys of taking a shower lol). so what should I do? should I just give him a shower for now on? the baby tub I got came with a showerhead but the dang thing broke, otherwise it would have been perfect for this situation. any one else have this "problem?" I mean it's not exactly a problem. even though he refuses to sit I can still get him cleaned up, but taking the shower with him was so much easier.

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 6:58 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Whatever works best for you..as long as he's getting clean! It took my 2 older kids a few years to want to take a shower..my 5 year old just started about a year ago. My 1 year still loves baths! I think whatever techniques work to get them to do something they dont want to, gets two thumbs up from me!!
    gina004

Answer by gina004 at 8:54 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I used to take showers with my infant to toddler daughter all the time. When she started walking - I started giving her baths. At first she was scared but a few times with me in and then out but next to the tub - she got the hang of it. I add new toys and take out old when she seems bored with them. She gets a bath every night at 7 pm. After I wash her, she plays with the toys. If she stands up, I get the towel, and ask, "Are you done? Do you want out?" She usually always sits back down. When she is done she stands up, walks to the edge closest to me, and holds her hands out. IT'S ALL REPETITIVE. Just keep at it and eventually they will get it.
    I never used a baby tub. I think I washed her in the sink before she turned two months old. After that I just showered with her. I think baby tubs are a waste of money.
    LisaNSienna

Answer by LisaNSienna at 7:19 PM on May. 6, 2009