need advice first time taking my son to daycare and its hard. he cries everyday

ms.mireya

Asked by ms.mireya at 7:13 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He will cry when you leave while he's getting used to it. Then after a few times he will not care when you leave...trust me lol
    Anonymous

• Listen to the song "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker!!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2009

• He will eventually stop crying. You just have to keep doing it. My son did it and now he is fine. It took about a week or so.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• well my son has been going to daycare for almost 4 months now and he still cries.
    eddysmommy

Answer by eddysmommy at 7:44 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Never, ever sneak out. Always say goodbye.
    BUT
    Keep it short and ask him what he is going to play with first....
    What toy are you going to play with first? Can you show me? Wow! That's a great car. Have fun playing and I'll be back for you soon.
    Turn and walk out without looking back.

When you pick him up, don't grab him and rush off. Great him, tell him you are so happy to be back wtih him. Ask him him to show you something he played with that day. Just 5 minutes will help him build nice memories to draw on the next day.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:26 PM on May. 6, 2009