Calling all moms: what is your worst poopy mess story? We all have one (or more), not for the easily grossed-out!!

I was changing my dd's diaper and she had s*** everywhere and for some reason, she decided to put her hands down there, then she brought one back up, so it was all over her! I ran to the bathroom and set her on the floor to get the tub ready and she was trying to roll over and it was such a mess!! I had to give her a bath then clean the bathroom and myself. Yuck!

Oh, and one time at McDonalds, she kept crying (she was about 4 months) and we couldn't figure out why, so I took her in the bathroom and she had it all the way up her back! I got in the diaper bag for clean clothes and didn't have extra pants for her, so I had to clean her up best I could, put a diaper on her and wrap her legs in a blanket!!

So, what's your sh***y story?

Indygirl18

Asked by Indygirl18 at 7:17 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One time, I was taking a shower before work. I grabbed the towel off the hook and proceeded to dry myself off. As I was drying off, I noticed this awful smell. One of the kids must have used the towel to clean themselves off with and then hung it back up! UGH. I had to take another shower.
    Anonymous

• she'd been constipated for about 3 days the doc said to give her some karo syrup so i did in her bottle throughout the day, figured it wasn't working was gonna call the next morning for other suggestions. well at about 3 a.m. she woke up hungry so i fed her then went to change her diaper, we were on the floor in my bedroom i lifted her bottom up to wipe and that is the exact moment she became unconstipated, shot straight out of her bottom to about 4 feet away, all over, me the floor, the dresser, and her. so i covered her back up waited for her to finish then just took her in the shower with me, then had to clean up the floor, dresser and walls. she was about 3 months old
    when she was about 4 days old i was changing her in her bassinet, she peed while i was changing her so i, not thinking, pick her up w/o a diaper on and go to move her somewhere else to clean her up well as we were walking to the couch she started pooping, co
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My son was newborn, we were getting ready to leave and I thought I had better change him before we go. I breastfed, and the poop is all grainy and yellow and loose, I was opening his diaper to change him and he pooped, it flew into my hair, and hit my shoulder... I called it projectile poop,lol I thought my 6 yr old would barf,lol They are 6 and 12 now and think that story is hillarious,lol
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:22 PM on May. 6, 2009

• freaked out asked DH for help and what to do (shes my first) and he just laughed and said well babe cover her up, the only thing close was a thing of wipes so i opened it and sat her butt on it til she was done. LOL, shes 3 now and he still refuses to throw out the area rug that it happened on even though it has a small stain and we don't use it anymore, says its so he can always joke me about it. and then of course i had to throw away a brand new thing of wipes...ya won't do that again
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Just the other day...I was changing my 10 month olds diaper who is very wiggly and it's a battle everytime. So I let her get away (after I cleaned her). I went to the other room for one minute to throw the diaper out. came back to grab her, as she was sitting on the hardwood floor...she let out a fart...and poop splatterd all over my floor! LOL. I did laugh and got grossed out at the same time!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:24 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh man. One morning DH had to go sign out for leave. DD was 2 days old. We were in a rush, and I figured shed be fine without me changing her before we went. Ha! So we get to his hangar, and hes just filling out some paperwork, with 2 of his sargents in the room. DD gets all crying so I go to take her out of her carseat and it is EVERYWHERE. Coming up the back, the front, up the sides... all into her nice new carseat. Of course I left her diaper bag in the car and of course it was raining, and of course I didnt pack another outfit for her just in case... I was so embarressed in front of his Sgts! Ugh. Everywhere.
    Needless to say, now I change her before I go anywhere, pack outfits in her diaper bag and never underestimate the power of poopie.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:29 PM on May. 6, 2009

• OMG! These stories are too funny. Hope they keep coming!
    Indygirl18

Answer by Indygirl18 at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When my oldest was a baby he wouldn't poop for a week or more at a time. (common with BF babies) Anyway, We had just moved in with my inlaws. I put him in his swing and went into the kitchen to grab a snack. I hear him laughing his first real laugh. I run in there because I am so happy he is really laughing. To discover that he has finally pooped after eight days of not going. There was poop EVERYWHERE. His swing seat was full it was dripping down onto the floor. He had it on his hands and was slapping them on the swing tray. Each time he slapped his hand poop would fling everywhere. Soooo Gross!
    My MIL could only stare in horror.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:32 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Oh, and one time when DD was less than a week old, DH was changing her diaper. For some reason, he had picked her up under her arms(naked) and right as I walk in the room, she poops on my pants. I started crying histaricly (still crazy hormones after delivery) because those were the only pair of pants that I owned that fit me.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 7:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Its not about my child but its about my sister. She was disabled (had CP) and was in a diaper all of her life. Well when I was 8 and my sister was 22 years old. My mom went to a board meeting leaving my dad and me with my sister. Well she was smart (154 IQ just a useless body) and she would hold it in for my dad to change her. Well as soon as my mom left she starts grunting and had a huge explosion (now we are talking about an adult here so you know it was a big one). My dad has a very very hard time changing diapers if they are poop diapers. So he takes her into the bathroom and lays her in the tub. He starts to change her and starts to vomit big time. Well he couldnt reach the toilet so there was vomit EVERYWHERE. My sister is laughing so hard this whole time. My dad was in Vietnam and was a police officer so he has seen some gross things in his life but poop is the one thing he can not handle. Needless to say, after...
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:39 PM on May. 6, 2009