If you saw someone being abused or bullied what would you do?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 7:18 PM on May. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would call the police.
    Anonymous

• if it was a child being hurt i'd probably try to grab the kid and run for it, then call the cops. an adult i'd just call the cops. i'd like to say that i would yell at the bully but don't know that i'd have the courage
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If I was by myself (no kids with) and they weren't wielding weapon I would more than likely step in. Other wise I would call the cops.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Call the cops!
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 8:16 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Step in.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My cousin, at the age of 19, coming home from boot-camp, saw a woman being abused (pushed around) in the parking lot of the bus-stop on his way home... he stepped in, told the guy to stop, and ended up getting stabbed in the chest. The blade came within 1/2" of his heart.
    The guy got off, saying that my cousin looked threatening (having bulked up at boot camp), and they called it self defense.
    Because of that, I'd NEVER step into a situation like that, unless it was a child being abused. I'd always just call the police.
    Danotoyou2

Answer by Danotoyou2 at 9:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When I saw an overwhelmed mom screaming at her child and threatening to hit him, I stepped in and offered to take them to the snack bar. Gave her a chance to breathe for a minute and the little guy was pretty happy with his juice box! (He was a TALKER - I can see why mom was worn out!)
    funmom99876

Answer by funmom99876 at 10:51 PM on May. 6, 2009