Would you?

We just had a life changing situation in our home... without giving details - there is a possibility that someone in our home could be sick because of past situations, would you bring up the past if you knew it would start a fight with your dh- if it affects everyone in your home?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't quite understand but if it is something that is affecting your whole household, I would bring it up no matter what results from it.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• How would if affect others in the home? Will they get sick? If that's the case maybe bring it up. If it's like a smoker getting cancer then it's pointless to bring up the past.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• well i'd have to assume whatever is causing the illness will come out eventually so if it was something i'd done than yes. if it was something he'd done i'd bring it up too i'd figure it'd be better to get everything out in the open then and there than to be sitting in a docs office somewhere and have a doc say "the main cause of this is.....(whatever it is)" and then have a fight b/c it was kept secret
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Im kinda confused by what you are asking but Ill try to answer... if you need to bring it up due to what is going on, then you really have no choice. Hopefully it wont start a fight and you guys can stick together through this time. It sounds like something pretty serious and right now you need to stick together. I wish you the best with whatever is going on and I hope everything works out for you. *hugs*
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 7:28 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Well, if its something that happened in the past thats effecting your whole family NOW, then yes it needs to be brought up and talked about.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I'm trying to not get into details, because family is on this site, but basically my husband lied to me about his sexual past, and now one of his good friends- who he MAY have shared partners with has tested positive for hepatitis. We both know, but I don't know if I should ask him if he shared partners with this friend because when ever I bring up the past he gets EXTREMELY angry and defensive saying that the past does not matter. However, we have a child together and don't know if me and our child should be tested or not.
    kikitty

Answer by kikitty at 7:46 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If his past puts you and your child in a bad situation, his past needs to be brought up. To be on the safe side, I would go get you and your child checked. You can tell him or not tell him that you are doing so but if it were me, I would just go get checked and see. I wish you the best of luck and hope you both turn out healthy! (and your DH if he starts taking it seriously).
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:53 PM on May. 6, 2009

• You should get tested. Doesnt matter what he says you should do, it's for the sake of you and your baby. It's your health. Something may not show up but then again it may. It's one thing to forgive him but better to be safe than sorry. Just tell him you need to know, there is nothing wrong with that. Best of luck!
    sailfishmommy

Answer by sailfishmommy at 7:55 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree you should be tested. Even if he gets angry, you deserve to know because its YOUR life here.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:59 PM on May. 6, 2009

• When it comes to things like this where your health or your childs health could possibly be comprimised you need to bring it up, and if he has an issue with it oh well tell him to grow the hell up
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 8:31 PM on May. 6, 2009