Miniature Pincher?? Tell me good and bad things about them please!

We are getting ready to go see a miniature pincher that we want to buy. It's a 8 week old female. I have never been attracted to this breed but when i look at the pics they look very aggressive dogs and maybe not my type but tell me what are the pros and cons about these doggies if you have one! We already have a poodle and a yorkie so yeah my hubby loves doggies and has been looking for another dog for soem time now.

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 7:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Pets

• My family has had a minpin for about 13 years now and she is great!. She is so loving and has lots of energy (even now). When she was younger she was able to jump onto the counters in the kitchen. She has had some teeth problems now that she is older and she has to be on medication for seziures. We have to watch her around little kids because they try to pick her up and it hurts her and she will bite. But over-all I think they are great dogs.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:36 PM on May. 6, 2009

• My sister has one and I think she is the most well behaved dog I know. She did have a couple of bad habits when she got her but was very easy to train.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:52 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i grew up with pits and my fam had 4 min pins (pikachu just died so its down to three) but they are awesome dogs, they dont get very big, and theyve always been good with every young child brought into there house. i lov ethem.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 8:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We used to have 4 Min Pins, and they are great dogs. I love the breed. Ours were not at all aggressive, they were very friendly and loved people. Ours would bark like mad when anybody knocked on our front door, but they didn't have an aggressive bone in their bodies. I don't have anything bad to say about the breed!

bookay

Answer by bookay at 8:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Visit:
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/miniaturepinscher.htm
    For some great info on Miniature Pinschers.
    Anonymous

• They are super sweet dogs, not aggressive at all. It's also optional to have the ears cropped. I personally love the ears left alone. I had one named Pogo growing up (he jumped straight up like pogo stick). The one thing I've noticed based on the one I had and the many I meet at my work are, they are can easily have weight issues. It doesnt take much to overfeed one and they get very fat. Mine got very sick at age 5 and had to be put down. The vet believed he had heart failure. However, I know a lot at my work that are well into their 10th year or so. They are very, very smart and learn quickly. Make sure you establish a routine, train consistantly and give her plenty of exercise. I think you're going to find this dog to be one of your favorite dogs. I miss my Pogo.
    Elijahsmommy9

Answer by Elijahsmommy9 at 4:55 AM on May. 7, 2009

• Sooo. Ladies we bought the puppy! She's adorable and IMO went for a good price $140. We we introduced to the momma and the poppa .. man the momma looked liek she was gonna kill us haha. Well anyway we are very happy with our new puppy. My 2 year old son spends all day with her. Right now he is watching Yo Gabba Gabba on his sofa and Sassy the MIN Pinch is there on his lap. So cute he's just there watching TV and petting her. I'll try to put up some pics here. Thanks so much for ur help!
    firstXmomTX

Answer by firstXmomTX at 1:44 PM on May. 7, 2009

• One of my best friends has that breed of dog. I am not a big fan of the dog, but I think it has very little to do with his breed, I think that it is just that dog. He bites EVERYONE!!!! But he's so little that it barely makes a mark and he is super high strung, not really hyper, just nervous all the time, but like I said, I wouldn't judge an entire breed on ONE little dog!
    Harrisonsmommie

Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 4:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• They bark all the time. But that is true of most little dogs. Just my opinion I really only know of three people with min pins and they bark a lot. Maybe they aren't all like that though.
    theosgirl45

Answer by theosgirl45 at 8:04 PM on May. 8, 2009

• i have a min pin, and he is a male, his name is cosmo. i dont know much about them, he's the first i've owned, but my doggie is a very hyper dog. he could see someone walking on the other side of the street, and he will flip out and bark and go nuts. but he is very territoral. he is also very pertective of me and my kids. he loves to cuddle on me too. females im not to sure on though. good luck with what ever you do.
    sophiecbz

Answer by sophiecbz at 9:00 PM on May. 9, 2009