diaper leaks...

my son wears disposable diapers (we tried the cloth ones in the past...just werent for us). he has been waking up soaked almost every day lately. I kinda blamed SO at first thinking he might not be putting them on tight enough, but that isnt the problem lol. He wears Parents Choice. we have also tried Huggies natural fit, and pampers (or Luvs?) ultra leak guard. we also tried 7th generation, but nothing works? what diapers does your LO use? have you had a leak problem before but no longer? got any tricks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• just keep trying diff brands, my dd wears pampers cruisers, when she was little it was the swaddlers and those were fine for her but luvs and huggies leaked all the time. and since hes a boy, do you point him down? if he is pointed up than its more likely for him to leak than if he is pointed down
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 7:57 PM on May. 6, 2009

• i always point him down! swaddlers seemed to work well, but I can never find his size at walmart (he's a 3) and he's still too small for the cruisers. the cruisers would make sense to be a good leak-free diaper since they are meant to withstand very active babies (according to the commercial anyways lol). but another concern.....the more leakproof they are...does that make them less breathable? when I tried out the ultra leakguard ones he developed a terrible rash and SO thinks it might have been because of the lack of breathing material in the diaper? sounds kinda silly, but that made sense at the time
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should try the next size up. We had that problem with my dd for a while than I switched her from size 2 to size 3, never happened again.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 8:02 PM on May. 6, 2009

• We have used Huggies natural fit with my son and have only had issues when its time to go up a size. I tried luvs with both my kids and they were horrible.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:03 PM on May. 6, 2009

• hmm well he's about 20 lbs... and the size 4 start pretty high upI dont want to go too high up. if he was 2 lbs away from the next size I might
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:04 PM on May. 6, 2009

• its time to change it if its leaking
    Anonymous

• if he gets a rash just at night, i would put some boudreaux butt paste on when he gets his night time diaper. it wipes off really easy and works wonders to prevent rash, thats what i did w/my dd when she started getting rashes at night bad. as for if they are less breathable i really don't know. i really can't remember what she wore in between, i want to say it was a green pampers box that she wore at that size b/c once you get to a 4 they have the cruisers, and i actually think i've seen the cruisers in a 3 at the grocery stores around me, so you may want to check other stores. for some reason there aren't alot of kids my dd's age (that i know in teh area) but whenever she needs diapers or clothes they are always sold out of her size at a few diff stores :) you could also get a pair of plastic pants that go over the diaper and see if that helps if the only time he leaks is at night
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:06 PM on May. 6, 2009

• If he's about 20 lbs, you only have a few pounds before size 4 Pampers (22 lbs - ?) ... I would up his size since he is leaking through. At least for the night time one. Buy a small pack of size 4's and put him in one for night time only. See how it works.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:30 PM on May. 6, 2009

• lemme ask y'all this....we think he's leaking out of the sides...wouldnt a bigger diaper make even more room on the sides??
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:49 PM on May. 6, 2009