Does your 7 yr. old have rolls of fat on their stomach?

Mine isn't very active that's why and she eats alot of sweets when she gets her hands on them.I'm wondering if she should be on a diet,like no pasta,bread,and sweets like us adults.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 8:15 PM on May. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She is 7 send her outside to play. Turn off the tv, video games and computer and push her out the door. Go for walks with her, get rid of the junk and cook healthier. She is 7 she can't have it if you don't buy it. You should never put your child on a diet but you can control what she eats as your the one who buys the food.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:17 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I agree with brailynsmama just get her out doing things. Buy a trampoline, or a skip it, or something that is active that she will enjoy...If she enjoys video games, buy dance dance revolution. Its good to get them up and moving. No diet, just eliminate the things from the household. Good Luck.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 8:19 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Sometimes I have to buy junk food for a illness I have I need the fat in those foods,that's the only time I buy it.She eats alot of chocolate like daddy,he gives it to her.I know it's from being inactive because once she goes swimming this summer it will come off,most of it.I agree about pushing her out the door,she used to run and play in the park now she just sits there.I try to make her play tennis or volleyball and that helps her to get moving but I think I have to do this everyday in order to make her loose weight.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 8:23 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Dear counting I have a 7 year old who is in the same situation. I have bought her a bicycle, scooter, and even a wii so she can dance and jump yet is hard. She doens;t spend all day long eaing but she does eat junk food when ever she can get her hands on any. I am afraid because she has started to snore and i was told by her doctor her tonsils need to be removed. I am also scared to death since her biological father is very heavy. Kids now a days are overweight and is also schools fault. they say they have healthy food yet they give them pizza every wednesday. Ask her doctor what can you do they know best. I have an appointment for my 7 year old and i will make sure she gets her tiroid tested.
    Lvasquez1997

Answer by Lvasquez1997 at 3:22 AM on May. 10, 2009