Can you "taste" the difference between Bottle Water & Tap Water...if you do which one do you prefer when it comes to taste?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on May. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I can definitely taste the difference!! That might be because they put tons of chemicals in our tap water so it tastes disgusting. I prefer the bottled water, for sure!
    CandA_Mama

Answer by CandA_Mama at 8:26 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I cant tell the difference. Unless its Arizona or Texas water. Those taste like metal. I use a Pur water filter for my tap water.
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 8:27 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Bottled water tastes more... vitamin-ish, and it leaves a weird feeling in my mouth.
    Anonymous

• I can totally taste a difference. I actually LIKE tap water better. Bottled water tastes metallic or plastic like to me.
    efsuermann

Answer by efsuermann at 8:31 PM on May. 6, 2009

• Most bottled water is indeed tap water. I only drink Evian because it is pure mineral water from a spring in Switzerland, and I can taste the difference. it has an actual flavor and it's the only way you can get me to drink any water.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:35 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I can taste the difference. I filter my water through a Brita. If I'm running errands and need a drink of water, I'll buy a Dasani, which is purified. I won't drink spring water.
    Anonymous

• I can taste and feel the difference.Tap water gives me the runs and I only like certain brands of bottled water because they all taste different as well. Best water hands down though, is water you drive out into the woods for and bottle from a spring yourself.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 8:37 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I bought the Spring Water brand gallon of water (white plastic bottle)...it tasted awful. So from now on I buy only the transparent plastic bottles same brand.

I can taste the difference in my area the tap water taste worse than bottle water.
    Anonymous

• scubaToday in the morning I had to drink the tap water surprisingly it tasted good. Later midday I had to drink tap water again and for my dismay the water tasted like ( I don't know how to explain) it tasted bad. I run to the supermarket and bought my precious bottle water!

NewYorkCafemom

Answer by NewYorkCafemom at 8:43 PM on May. 6, 2009

• I can't get over the fact that they get our tap water from the lake here. They have found dead bodies there. Gross. I know it's super-purified and filtered, or whatever, but I've been a bottled-water person for a long time and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 8:45 PM on May. 6, 2009